Attend Warley? How was it and do you have any news?

Augustus Caesar

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but nearly £5 for a bacon roll is a bit excessive.

I laughed at your comments SteveM6

You could justify the cost of things for your day at Warley... until it hit your stomach LOL

The cost of a bacon roll was £4.25 for a TWO item bagette ie any two items such as bacon and mushrooms etc. Not when you think about it. It is the annual bash Warley time again

I went last year (I think) and thought the food prices compared well with outside catering. I think Warleys main problem is the space, they could do with spreading things out more and if possible keep similar things together, which is easier said than done I guess. I'm just so knackered at the end of the day it would be nice to be chauffeur driven home.

Maybe a 3 day show would be good, bit like some heritage railways, on the Friday it's just old blokes, very civilised.

I went last year (I think) and thought the food prices compared well with outside catering. I think Warleys main problem is the space, they could do with spreading things out more and if possible keep similar things together, which is easier said than done I guess. I'm just so knackered at the end of the day it would be nice to be chauffeur driven home.

Maybe a 3 day show would be good, bit like some heritage railways, on the Friday it's just old blokes, very civilised.

I went last year WTD, queue were long to get in and once released it was like Black Friday. People pushing and shoving to get there first, totally mad, that and the car parking on top were the main reasons I didn't go this year.

I was at warley for the fist time on sunday and went by train and it was good. Next year i will be part of it helping out with a new layout under constution to be ready for 2016 .The aim of the layout is to raise funds for charity by getting members of the public young and old to take control of parts of the layout in return for a donation to the charity. It will also have acces for wheel chairs .

I was at warley for the fist time on sunday and went by train and it was good. Next year i will be part of it helping out with a new layout under constution to be ready for 2015 .The aim of the layout is to raise funds for charity by getting members of the public young and old to take control of parts of the layout in return for a donation to the charity. It will also have acces for wheel chairs .

What we got quoted trainlover23, the big shows are very expensive. If anyone has been to a big london exhibiton in other fields ask the exhibitors what they pay. The big shows are very pricey for a stall.

Then your maths is not very good as there is no way anybody would £2400 to £3600 PER DAY ie £4800 to £7200 for TWO DAYS for a stall. Granted Warley and Warners shows are a tad expensive but nowhere near your pie in the sky figures. You don`t half spin some drivel

You are wrong trainlover23 and I'm not getting into an argument here over show prices, we do many shows over the year and are quoted prices from free to 150per ft.

What planet are you on certainly not Earth. Your figures are complete and utter fiction IF and only IF the figures quoted by you were correct do you honestly think that there would be any trade support at any of the big shows? I think it is sour grapes and a total alck of knowledge on your part . or may be the organisers do not want you

Admin has asked me to prove train fair stand prices, we only had a verbal quote for Warley and didn't persue it further after fainting! Without advertising this is a fair we sometimes do, carn't put it any other way, Donington park, £38 per 6ft, usually costs us £152 for the 24FT pitch, take into account travel, a wage for an extra person to help and expenses it's a £322 day before you make anything. http://www.bpfairs.com/fairs.php?fair=24
I hope this is within rules. Fairs can be cheap or expensive days.

Admin has asked me to prove train fair stand prices, we only had a verbal quote for Warley and didn't persue it further after fainting! Without advertising this is a fair we sometimes do, carn't put it any other way, Donington park, £38 per 6ft, usually costs us £152 for the 24FT pitch, take into account travel, a wage for an extra person to help and expenses it's a £322 day. http://www.bpfairs.com/fairs.php?fair=24

I hope this is within rules. Fairs can be cheap or expensive days.

Gaydon Great Electric Train Show 30ft for TWO days £500 ish . Not that much different Ally Pally 30ft for TWO days £1000 ish A far cry from the £2400 to £3600 PER day quoted by SOT . Also SOT states Birmingham is to far to travel to yet in one post he states he does Malvern Toy Fair. Further from Norfolk to Malvern than Norfolk to Brum. There I have Proved my figures so all of you can make your own minds up

You have to take into account travel, expenses and staff Trainlover23, Brum is a 318 mile round trip, just miled it on autoroute! Note as I have said in the past here we only do Malvern when visiting friends there, it wouldn't be worth the while otherwise. I was also given a phone quote for Warley which as I said I didn't persue. Perhaps the figure quoted on the phone was incorrect, I said I didn't persue it any further after hearing the figure.
Lets breakdown a trip to say Brum. Distance 159 miles each way, so 318 miles. Our Van does 30mpg, so that's £71.98 on fuel. staff wages £100 per day so £200 for the two days, Food for two people £50 per day so £100, accomodation £80 (2 people), misc expenses £30, so £531.98, we'll take your figure for Ally Pally as an example for a big show so plus £1000, final figure £1531.98 before making a penny.
Which ever you look at it Trainlover23 big shows are very expensive. Yes the figure we were quoted was probably miles wrong over the phone and as I said I passed on it straight away, but it is still an expensive business.

Is not all this a tad childish, what has it got to do with a hornby foum. It might be sense for admin to delete these point scoring attempts, and let us get back to what was on sale or new at the show, which neither attended. john

They are not point scoring attempts but are attempts at telling the truth which seems to have escaped some people

I needed to show just how expensive a show can be. The figure we were quoted was no doubt miles wrong, and we didn't run with it but I have broken down the cost of a major show for you. Back to the trains.

Warley is a small old hall on NEC site. I know from the past some of our large wholesalers were in the big halls in the main building. Stand cost were large, then adding on to this transportation of goods, wages for staff, accommodation for three days the cost in total was in excess of £60k. But these were large stands in the large halls in the main building. A lot of money. But unlike Warley they were wholesalers, they took large orders for show deals, they took pre-orders for stock coming, they picked up leads for new business. Prior to retiring after selling the business our last order, to one of the big wholesalers was £18k. It was big business with a large price tag.

Warley will be less costly that is for sure, but no doubt still expensive, more expensive than smaller shows around the country because it is the NEC.

Is not all this a tad childish, what has it got to do with a hornby foum. It might be sense for admin to delete these point scoring attempts, and let us get back to what was on sale or new at the show, which neither attended. john

I have to agree John but, the wheel keeps turning.

I didn't realise we had to justify every comment we make on here.

Not good for new comers to the forum!

PJ

I needed to show just how expensive a show can be. The figure we were quoted was no doubt miles wrong, and we didn't run with it but I have broken down the cost of a major show for you. Back to the trains.

Warley is a small old hall on NEC site. I know from the past some of our large wholesalers were in the big halls in the main building. Stand cost were large, then adding on to this transportation of goods, wages for staff, accommodation for three days the cost in total was in excess of £60k. But these were large stands in the large halls in the main building. A lot of money. But unlike Warley they were wholesalers, they took large orders for show deals, they took pre-orders for stock coming, they picked up leads for new business. Prior to retiring after selling the business our last order, to one of the big wholesalers was £18k. It was big business with a large price tag.

Warley will be less costly that is for sure, but no doubt still expensive, more expensive than smaller shows around the country because it is the NEC.

At last you admit that the stand prices quoted were WHOLESALERS and MANUFACTUERS not for retailers