TTS v DCC sound

Blackbird

I would say having bought a P2 in October hang back. My P2 looked and sounded good for a whole week! It then ground to a halt and when put on the programming track it was obvious the decoder was deceased as there was nothing my Z21 could read. It has been back at Hornby for 3 weeks now and my harassed local mr shop has been informed Hornby are awaiting spares. Bet it's a chip. So much for the wonders of their new warehouse. I bet it won't be back by Christmas. Out of the three sold around the same time they had a 100% fail record. Sound chips I have fitted myself to A4's and big lizzies using Loksound chip with an excellent bass speaker from Maplin 100% success and brilliant sound and running.

Blackbird, high, now for the opposite view. Have both the P2 CoN, and Peppercorn, TTS locos, very content. Have an A4 Dcc, Locksound, and you would be pushed to find a great difference. The peppercorn, has a lot of different whistles. My understanding, from another forum, is they are fine with non hornby controllers. Several of us on this forum, have these 2 plus DoG, tts, and have not had any problems. john

Archived