Point setting on start-up

Since I upgraded to the ProPack the point setting which used to take place on starting up Railmaster has ceased to happen despite the fact that the set points box is ticked in Settings. Also the direction indicators on the track plan do not necessarily correspond with the actual setting of the points.

I have also seen reference in the Railmaster Guide (p82) to a firing order box (presumably available in Pro Pack) but cannot find this anywhere in the point setting up dialogue box. There is only the actual start-up position box although there is a blank box next to it.

Any ideas on these two issues?

Hello Robert

Firing order as I believe it is the order each point (or signal) fires or sets at start up. You can give it an order in a small box for each point or signal but if you don't it automatically remembers the order you set them up. All versions not just Pro.

What I would do at this stage is close don RM, then unplug the Elink (or other controller) for say 20 seconds. Then plug in your controller and then re-start RailMaster. I would restart my computer also but this is an old habit due to old Windows problems. In each case you are closing down and referring back to default as a complete new/clean start up.

Try that first, if you still have problems and the 'set points' on start up is set contact HRMS (Hornby RailMaster Support) through RM.

PJ

I agree with PJ in that after 'fiddling' with anything in RM that a close down and restart will sort out most problems.

For persistent problems then the full monty of eLInk off and pc restart will fix the rest.

I agree with PJ in that after 'fiddling' with anything in RM that a close down and restart will sort out most problems.

For persistent problems then the full monty of eLInk off and pc restart will fix the rest.

The full monty RAF96, I didn't think we had to go that far.

This sounds like 'I second it' from RAF96, Robert

Good luck

PJ

Good luck

PJ

Sorry Robert, seeing the funny side I have to add....

RAF96, I said complete close down, not complete clothes down ;o)

PJ

Hello Robert

Firing order as I believe it is the order each point (or signal) fires or sets at start up. You can give it an order in a small box for each point or signal but if you don't it automatically remembers the order you set them up. All versions not just Pro.

What I would do at this stage is close don RM, then unplug the Elink (or other controller) for say 20 seconds. Then plug in your controller and then re-start RailMaster. I would restart my computer also but this is an old habit due to old Windows problems. In each case you are closing down and referring back to default as a complete new/clean start up.

Try that first, if you still have problems and the 'set points' on start up is set contact HRMS (Hornby RailMaster Support) through RM.

PJ

Hello Robert

PJ

Thanks for that and for other p[eople's suggestions. I have tried the full close down as suggested but it has had no effect. I have, of course, effectively been doing this anyway at the end of each session and then restarting the next day ever since I downloaded Pro Pack. I think I will have to contact Railmaster Support

Robert

I have also seen reference in the Railmaster Guide (p82) to a firing order box (presumably available in Pro Pack) but cannot find this anywhere in the point setting up dialogue box. There is only the actual start-up position box although there is a blank box next to it.

Hi Rob - I think the last part of your query got overlooked - the blank box you refer to is indeed where you put the order you would like your points to fire up on start up. Mist folk I think just put in their DCC ID - but it can be almost anything. The blue line facing the wrong way can be solved - probably - by reversing polarity - just at the bottom of that part of that screen. R-

Good luck

PJ

Sorry Robert, seeing the funny side I have to add....

RAF96, I said complete close down, not complete clothes down ;o)

PJ

Oops...

Hi guys,

I thought that since 1.56, you had to go into layout designer and assign a "start up position" to every point which you want to fire at RM start up.

Ray

I dont know when it started Ray - but you are correct. I have just re-posted that part of Robert's question with directions as to what to do. R-

Hi Rob - I think the last part of your query got overlooked - the blank box you refer to is indeed where you put the order you would like your points to fire up on start up. Mist folk I think just put in their DCC ID - but it can be almost anything. The blue line facing the wrong way can be solved - probably - by reversing polarity - just at the bottom of that part of that screen. R-

Thanks RogerB

I think the main concern at the beginning was rule out any problems by disconnecting and restarting. Sorry I missed that at that stage.

Point order see RM Guide pages 81-82

You can also set the order in which points and signals should fire by specifying

a number from 1 to the maximum number of points and signals on your track

design. This function is available in the Pro Pack only. If you specify the same

82 number for two or more points or signals they will fire in the order in which

they were added to the track plan. If you do not want a point or signal to fire

at all on start-up enter zero into the firing order box.

Also page 91

You can also set the order in which points and signals should fire by specifying

a number from 1 to the maximum number of points and signals on your track

design. This function is available in the Pro Pack only. If you specify the same

number for two or more points or signals they will fire in the order in which

they were added to the track plan. If you do not want a point or signal to fire

at all on start-up e nter zero into the firing order box.

PJ

I have experienced the same issue since upgrading to 1.58 pro where the points will not reset to default on startup. I have tried some of the above suggestions with no joy.

I have noticed some different and new settings for points in the design screen so will play with those to see if it changes the issue. Really hoping I dont have to start from scratch and hoping its something that can be fixed with a future update.

Gary

Haven't read every word in previous replies to see if this has been covered but after installation of 1.58, you have to reset startup settings.

Apologies if I confused anyone with my error above. It should read that you need to reset startup positions after upgrading to 1.56 and ProPack.

Hi!

I have just been through and reset every point for the start-up position and also re-ticked the box in settings. I then exited andrestarted Railmaster and it has made no difference. There is still no point setting on start-up. Should I try using the box next to the start position box and assign an order - although my understanding is that this is only necessary if you want points to set in a different order on start-up?

Robert

Hi!

I have just been through and reset every point for the start-up position and also re-ticked the box in settings. I then exited andrestarted Railmaster and it has made no difference. There is still no point setting on start-up. Should I try using the box next to the start position box and assign an order - although my understanding is that this is only necessary if you want points to set in a different order on start-up?

Robert

Robert,

Are you confusing the two boxes? The left one, where you type in a number, is the one you need to fill in, in order to have the points fired on RM start up. The right hand one, which is a dropdown box containing the options left or right, is there to tell RM which way to switch the point. If you set the left hand box to zero or blank, that point will not be fired on startup, but I think RM will still use the left/right setting to adjust that point's blue route indicator on the track diagram.

Ray

Hi!

Robert

Robert,

Are you confusing the two boxes? The left one, where you type in a number, is the one you need to fill in, in order to have the points fired on RM start up. The right hand one, which is a dropdown box containing the options left or right, is there to tell RM which way to switch the point. If you set the left hand box to zero or blank, that point will not be fired on startup, but I think RM will still use the left/right setting to adjust that point's blue route indicator on the track diagram.

Ray

Hi!

Robert

Robert,

Ray

Hi! Ray

Thanks for that..Now entered the numbers and it all works. Where I was confused is that I never had to enter those numbers before - simply the L/R box - and it always set the points on start-up without. It was not clear to me from the user guide when I upgraded to ProPack that you actually needed now to enter the numbers in the LH box,

Thanks everyone

Yes, I was also confused by the new point entries in 1.58 pro, but have finally got all working.

I particularily like the option to enter a zero to ignore setting a point as I use point icons for turntable control.

Thanks all for the guidance.

Archived