New to DCC having issues with Elink

Photega

Everybody seems to struggle with windows 8, with RM. It works great with vista, xp, and windows 7. I think its a windows thing, not that i am prejudiced, just detest windows 8. The man who launched it, no longer works for microsoft, so that should tell us something.  Go back to windows 7. john

I agree with you John. Windows 8 is just gaudy, flashand pretty unusable. Not sure what market it is aimed at as even my son detests it.

I just set up my win8 laptop to start up with the desktop but even the desktop is not quite the same as it used to be.

Oh well mustn't grunble.Bryan

Everybody seems to struggle with windows 8, with RM. It works great with vista, xp, and windows 7. I think its a windows thing, not that i am prejudiced, just detest windows 8. The man who launched it, no longer works for microsoft, so that should tell us something.  Go back to windows 7. john

I'm using RM on a Vista laptop as well (have XP running on my Mac but don't connect to RM with it) but the person who has asked for my help has a Windows 8 laptop and I'm sure they're not going to get a replacement so hopefully he can retrograde to Win 7.

WW thanks for clarifying it was a Dummies guide to Windows 8 but I concur an ID-ten-t's Guide/Dummies guide to RM would be great :)

A Windows-savy friend is already looking forward to Windows X (it's about time they caught up to Mac OS. Please no OS comparison I said it with tongue firmly planted in cheek).

shedman 93 i am afraid it does not say on the blurb it will run straight away, as many of us have the same set If you go back on this post and read my idiots guide you will see what you have to do. Both locos come with same number direct from manufactuer, and whilst they will both run, they will do so at the same time. You have to set up a programming track and enter them on RM, and change cv. All this is in my guide, also in RM manuel. Read all my posts, any problem, come back to us. john  This set is not point and click

Archived