No power from e link to track

prean

Hi guys. I have been using elink and rail master combo since Xmas. Just testing on small oval as I build a layout. Suddenly I have no power to the track and also nothing from the programming terminals.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Prean, hi, welcome to the forum. As my old dad used to say, Take it out the loop. Unplug everything, remove all leads, wait 20 seconds. plug back in. Does green light appear on top of Elink. If so, replace leads, try now, after first checking track, in case not joined correctly, just in case its a short. If no green light, assuming not a fuse problem, then its a warranty issue. Just to be doubly safe, try another appliance in power socket. If you have a meter, output should be 15 v AC. john. 

Prean, hi, welcome to the forum. As my old dad used to say, Take it out the loop. Unplug everything, remove all leads, wait 20 seconds. plug back in. Does green light appear on top of Elink. If so, replace leads, try now, after first checking track, in case not joined correctly, just in case its a short. If no green light, assuming not a fuse problem, then its a warranty issue. Just to be doubly safe, try another appliance in power socket. If you have a meter, output should be 15 v AC. john.

Hi John thanks for the speedy reply. . I have rebooted everything number of times. Connected just to one piece of flexi track, un-installed, reinstalled,green light on elink but still no power. It does seem like its knxxxxxered.

Hi John thanks for the speedy reply. . I have rebooted everything number of times. Connected just to one piece of flexi track, un-installed, reinstalled,green light on elink but still no power. It does seem like its knxxxxxered.

Thanks guys,  

John, yes a loco was on the track although not I motion or lights on. I noticed the problem when going to turn lifts on and set loco moving. Yes I have a muli-meter showing no ac output.

Thanks

Contact Hornby Customer Care, esp. the Railmaster team. https://www.hornby.com/contact

Suggest rather than contacting HCC and waiting days for an answer, contact RM Support and get an answer within hours.  You can do it from within the Help window of RM, which will also send them your RM log file so they can see what is happening or, if that doesn't work, email support@rail-master.com

Before doing that though, just check in the RM Setup window and with Windows Device Manager, that  they both still show the same com port number.

Archived