RailMaster mixing up loco pictures

Rcik

Have scanned last few pages of topics but haven't seen anyone else facing same minor issue I have come across recently. I have about 20 locos on my RailMaster and just occasionally RailMaster seems to be getting confused with pictures of locos. Only happens to an isolated number of locos (one is hornby sourced from internal database and others are uploaded jpeg images), but railmaster seems to insist on replacing photos with other locos. I have tried reloading correct loco photos numerous times but it seems to randomly default back to another photo - generally a photo of one stored either side of the loco on the railmaster screen. It's only on a few locos and others are absolutely fine. Has anyone else seen this, or know of a solution? 

(I think railmaster is excellent, and support from hornby brilliant)

Rcik, would you please send a Help Request to us and we will organise a time to log into your PC and see what may be going on with your RailMaster. This issue hasn't been brought to our attention before so it would be interesting to see what may be causing it.

Before messaging us, just in case there is a corruption in your program, would you download and install the latest update from www.powerpos.com/rail-master/rm_setup.exe and see if the problem is still there.

Many thanks. I will do this tomorrow and then get in touch as you suggest. (It's nothing to do with latest version as it was doing it before and is still doing it after downloading latest version successfully today).  I am amazed at support you provide and think it is fantastic for the hobby. Having railmaster has created new interests for me, and I  have spent more money on Hornby and other manufacturers products since buying railmaster than I otherwise would have done. It has to be good for the overall hobby to have a product like this with the associated support you give. 

I've had swapped pictures and also lost pictures but put it down to possible finger trouble at my end as you can muddle stuff up by rolling the mouse wheel in loco setup, especially functions and other pull down menus without knowing you are doing it.

• 3 years later...

Was there ever a resolution to this? My system does the exact same thing occasionally and it's extremely annoying.

Maybe worth noting that I don't use a mouse with my laptop.....

I still see it occassionaly on my main Pro enabled copy, certainly within the last 12 months,  but irritating as it is I just fix it myself. Maybe next time I get the fault I will report it in.

As you say the problem is three years old now.

Rob

Archived