Programmed Number Defaulting

hawksdown

What controller are you using to program the addresses with and are you using a dedicated programming track connected to the PROG terminals of either your Elite or eLink, or are you programming using a Select controller, all in accordance with their respective user manual(s).

Decoders should never lose their programming. Are you removing and putting the locos back on the track before switching the controller off and on?

More about why decoders lose programming on Mark Gurries website here.

https://sites.google.com/site/markgurries/home/dcc-problems/decoder-problems/decoder-lose-programming

Thanks All

Programming from an Elite fully up to date via programming track, complete function, then test on main track with railmaster, all OK . When I have finished running etc. I shut down every thing, computer and elite. Next time I boot up every thing sets OK except two said loco's that have defaulted to 3.

Will try shutting down elite before trying but railmaster will have to shutdown aswell to reunit with the elite  on boot up.

DC running is a feature whereby you can run a DCC loco on a DC layout.  Having it switched on via a setting in CV29 shouldn't affect the decoder and make it reset though.  What can make them reset is having shorts happen on your layout, maybe when going over points or even putting a loco on the layout while the power is on, or taking it off.

In the absence of problems like shorts, I think the decoders are faulty and, if under warranty, take them back to the shop.

Thanks to all the contributers. problem solved. Left the computer and Railmaster off. Just had Elite running, programmed as normal. Rebooted Elite, track tested both with Elite standalone. Rebooted complete system all running fine from Railmaster.

A Happy Bunny

@hawksdown

I am pleased you have sorted your problem but I have experienced this problem previously and although the Loco worked perfectly for a while, when reprogrammed, it failed again a few weeks later.  The only way I could fix it permanently was to change the decoder.

Archived