LMS Princess Royal

Fazy

I am taking up the slack early, after much wishing finally the southerns missing 4-6-2 8p as been announced.

I would like to point out that the LMS as done well.  over the years by the model manufacturers except for the one of the most important and glamorous locomotives to ever grace the rails of the uk. 

The princess royal is a old model and as been warmed over by hornby a few years ago.  But I feel that it's about time it was treated to a complete redesign with the the boiler firebox and smoke box all done to the correct dimensions along with a better chassis a correct profile wheels and right number of spokes. A better value gear set with alternative sets for 46201/2 and the main production run along with 46205. Maybe somke door 46210 and tender alternatives. 

all this may seem petty but it would be nice as a LMS Fans to hold our heads high when you compare our princess to a A4/1/3 WC MN including soon to be as built MN) gwr Castle hall a new King.

So please please please Hornby! can we have a All new princess royal so I can stand with my head high and say I am a LMS fan. And I own a princess royal. 

• 1 month later...

Right you are happybear. What I have on the top of my wishlist is to ask Hornby to stop spending time and money on re-issuing the same engine over and over with all its different names and numbers. I can rename and renulmber an engine myself, thank you. The same for wagons. Let us have newly designed undercarriages and bodies, not just repaints of wagons that have been around forever. 

But bring up to date, to modern standards of detail and running is a must. So yes, there is a need for a new Princess. For an up to date Lord of the Isles (look what Shildon have just announced. I have been waiting for years for this to happen. I am convinced  there is a market for the most iconic Singles), etc, etc. Please not another A4, not another A3, not another Castle, unless there were unknown versions with floats in case of mainline flooding. And please get rid of the Christmas wagon, invariably in an ugly, useless livery.

LMS again boring boring boring,why not be really original and model a great western branchline ,or  i know a new flying scotsman, dont give the John Major in charge at Hornby any more chance to bore us to death yawwwwwnnn

Lol are you just here to cause trouble. No wonder people with the knowledge that many people come here to ask. Have moved from this site

Maybe you should try some modelling

and also keeping quite when you have nothing of interest to say. On a specific wishlist that does not interest you.  

Or mybe put your wish list up And I my tell you that your list is as boring as dish water.

I would happy see other locos but the one's they build should be right. And before I get moand at for not modelling. ive already built one princess royal.and  if Hornby don't make a decent model soon ill build two more myself and £600+  won't go to hornby. 

LMS again boring boring boring,why not be really original and model a great western branchline ,or  i know a new flying scotsman, dont give the John Major in charge at Hornby any more chance to bore us to death yawwwwwnnnn!!!!!!

my wishlist would be an " IDIOTS GUIDE TO FORUM ETIQUETTE" or " FORUM ETIQUETTE FOR DUMMIES".

• 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...

With the all new singing and dancing Princess Coronation due out next year.  it can now only  be a matter of time before the Princess Royals turn for a upgrade happens. I reckon in the next couple of years. and going by what the Coronations models looking like.  we could end up with some of the Class differences being modelled. maybe even 46205. & 46200/01 with the different rabbit eared  valves slides&crosshead. etc

With the all new singing and dancing Princess Coronation due out next year.  it can now only  be a matter of time before the Princess Royals turn for a upgrade happens. I reckon in the next couple of years. and going by what the Coronations models looking like.  we could end up with some of the Class differences being modelled. maybe even 46205. & 46200/01 with the different rabbit eared  valves slides&crosshead. etc

You may be right. Big Pacifics are always popular and the Prinnies are perenial favourites.  Of course it would not then be too difficult to add in the Turbomotive and Princess Anne too. That would be a first!