eLink(s) Problems

Greynut

I made up the loop of track and no cutting out. I then ran everything on the layout again and no cutting out on there either. That's twice in succession on the layout without losing power and I did every combination of things that I could think of - including letting the picky pannier just get bored going round with quite a load of coaches for a pannier - as well as running it light.

TWD, I disconnected the power feeds to the accessory decoders and took the locos off - the multimeter shows the infinity '1' reading.

I can hear my sausages cooking in the elink without putting my ear up close but it's not very loud at all. I think it's a very good description of the noise - I'll now feel very hungry every time I run trains if this elink keeps going. And it only gets warm - not hot.

Could this have been as simple as a high resistance connection at either the eLink or Acc Decoders (but maybe intermittent due to vibration or nudging wires or kit, etc). Unlikely to have been at the eLink though considerring how many you have changed.

I'd like to thank everyone who has chipped in (frying noises again) on this - it's certainly appreciated.

John, I will now inspect my points every 10 minutes - I do so much enjoy this feeling of trust in all things electrical that model railwaying brings as a bonus feature. That's over and above the bafflement and bewilderment.

RAF - certainly could have been, although quite what is still open to conjecture. I won't be doing anything on the layout over the weekend but I'll be onto it again next week. TWD - if I haven't fixed it - then as it has been said before ... 'I'll be back!'

I have just turned on eLink and and am getting no response.

Has connected ok to RM.

No power to track or program track.

Can't create short on track.

Done all the usual turn off and on etc.

Have noted the posts re. RM 1.61.  Did not get option to upgrade, still on 1.60.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Norman, can I assume this has nothing to do with Greynut's problem, which has been solved in any case?

If so, may I suggest you start a new thread?  And you could you provide a little more background please.  Was your system previously working reliably, and has just now stopped completely, or are you still in the process of setting up?

Archived