Mixed freight dcc

william maxwell

Can anyone help.I received a Mixed Freight Dcc set for Christmas.It can with track pack A.I have been using this since and it is great.Last week I purchasedctrack packs B and C. I made this into a double loop and pluged in transformer.Nothing happened except transformer makes clicking noise and flashes what appears to be I C.Both loops wok on their own but when points are added nothing!I am at a complete loss as this is my first set.

William, hi, welcome to the forum. This is the set with the select controller, i belive. Firstly, have you fitted all points with the little dcc point clips. They would have come , with the original set, but NOT, with Packs B And C. You have to buy them seperately. If this is the case, remove all points, not modified, join track up just as you can, and try it. Should then be fine. You can buy packs of 20 clips from ebay. Others will give you a far more technical explanation, about DCC, but without point clips, it wont run. john Let me know how it goes.

William, hi, welcome to the forum. This is the set with the select controller, i belive. Firstly, have you fitted all points with the little dcc point clips. They would have come , with the original set, but NOT, with Packs B And C. You have to buy them seperately. If this is the case, remove all points, not modified, join track up just as you can, and try it. Should then be fine. You can buy packs of 20 clips from ebay. Others will give you a far more technical explanation, about DCC, but without point clips, it wont run. john Let me know how it goes.

Yes I have point clips fitted to all points.when I join track points spark

The track tester won't work for the test I have in mind, which is to put one probe on a rail and see if there's continuity on one of the other rails, where there shouldn't be any.

This could be caused by the connections underneath the rails not being insulated or wired properly.

The track tester won't work for the test I have in mind, which is to put one probe on a rail and see if there's continuity on one of the other rails, where there shouldn't be any.

This could be caused by the connections underneath the rails not being insulated or wired properly.

Took out the points and tried them one at a time found one causing the problem.Replaced it and all well.How can a new point be faulty?

Archived