Class 007 Shunter

edward_goodwin

Welcome to the forums!

If you're referring to the British Rail class 07 shunter, in theory Hornby could produce one on an 0-6-0 chassis, however I wouldn't hold your breath as they don't seem to be doing much in the way of smaller engines at the moment.

However, whilst I naturally cannot promote the products of any of Hornby's competitors, a quick read through the last section before the references in this article may be of interest: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_07

Hope that's of some use!

• 2 months later...

A few 07s entered Industrial Service after being withdrawn by BR. For instance ICI at Wilton (Teesside) had two.

BR seemed to get much less use out of some of these small diesel classes than the subsequent users. The class14 certainly got much more use by the various private buyers.

Thanks maybe Hornby could use the new Sentinel diesel chassis as a basis for this unique looking class. Eddy.

I thought the CL07 was an 0-6-0. 

I know it was an 0-6-0

So did I PP, I just didn't want to come across as a know-it-all.

The Sentinel chassis would be far too small for an 07 even with another axle. 

They were a unique and handsome class with electric transmission (the 14s were hydraulic) , but had many Ruston characteristics. 

They were effectively the diesel equivalent of the SR USA tank engine, which they replaced at Southampton. The USA is currently commissioned to be made by Bachmann for Kernow, and I would be surprised if they don't commission an 07 in the forseeable future too.

Archived