Is there scope for a new Class 66?

JeremiahBunyan

Hey!

The Class 66 from bluebox has been around for a few years now and though it is a great model, one will agree that the model lacks the detail of today's standards. In my opinion the bluebox model is only superior  interms of onboard electronics and finer moulding. The model itself lacks a huge amount of detail that actually captures the prototype and I think a more detailed variant is due.

If Hornby can actually re-tool a Class 66 with details such as:-

- Accurately modeled chassis with all piping and sandpipes

- Accurately modeled bogies with dampers and piping

- Etched metal grilles with semi-see through effect as on the prototype

- Cab detail

- Finer body detail

If Hornby can do something like that to the standards of the Class 31, 56, 60 and 67 then I think it will surely sell well if priced at GBP.150 or so.

The bluebox variant is literally a Lima shell with handrails, flush glazing, working lights on a new basic chassis. I think it's crying for an improvement. The current bluebox one is sold at an MRP of GBP 120-130. I doubt it is worth that much judging by it's lack of detail.

What say Hornby? Up for it?

Its more likely to be near the class 31 price if not above and they would be going against a model which sells well and isn't that bad.  So I can't see that happening.  Just do some modelling instead. 

Quote    The bluebox variant is literally a Lima shell with handrails, flush glazing, working lights on a new basic chassis. I think it's crying for an improvement. The current bluebox one is sold at an MRP of £120-130. I doubt it is worth that much judging by it's lack of detail.

Well, you're the one who said the Bachmann one used the Lima shell !!

Quote    The bluebox variant is literally a Lima shell with handrails, flush glazing, working lights on a new basic chassis. I think it's crying for an improvement. The current bluebox one is sold at an MRP of £120-130. I doubt it is worth that much judging by it's lack of detail.

Well, you're the one who said the Bachmann one used the Lima shell !!

I said "The bluebox variant is literally a Lima shell with handrails, flush glazing, working lights". In no way does that sentence point out to B-team using a Lima shell. I was making a comparison and referred to it as an upgraded Lima shell.

Archived