Flying Hours Redemptions suggestion

Russ1707821018

I'd like to suggest a change to the way Flying Hours Passports are redeemed that would probably make it easier for Airfix to handle flying hour exchanges for kits and make it easier for people submitting requests to get the kit they want. An additional benefit would be that non-UK passport redemptions would be easier to handle as well (the passport doesn't really say what to do if you are not in the UK and can't send a cheque or postal order denominated in UK pounds). My suggestion is to allow someone submitting a passport to request a flying hours credit on their Airfix.com account. Once the credit appears on the account, it could be used to redeem for kits according to the standard formula and then payment for postage would be directly through the website ordering system. It would then be possible to combine a flying hours order with a regular order with free shipping if the amount of the regular order exceeds the threshold. Under this system it would not be necessary to "time" sending in a passport to coincide with a kit's availability and tracking would be through the regular order system so there would be no more wondering about when your kits would arrive. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Instead of printing flying hours tokens on the box there was a scratch card inside with a unique code,  like a phone top up card.  Then you simply scratched off the card and credited the code to your exsisting member account.

I think your onto a winner here, would make it easier for all concerned, does not need to be a scratch card persay but just a code written somewhere where it could not be obtained without purchasing the kit.

Archived