Flying hours p&p raised

philip_heritage

• 2 weeks later...

Will flying hours redemption be honered if the passport is recived before membership expires, but it expires whilst the order is being processed? Mines up next month and I doubt Ill be renewing, as not had the new club exclusives I've been promised, nor have I  made use of  10% off airfix.com.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The way i gatherd it ..... £4.98 per flying hour passport ,so if a kit is 40 odd tokens then thats one delivery amount 

If you have 1 passport with enough tokens for 2 or more lower series kits then its still 1 payment of £4.98 ,

If you are only redeeming 1 low value series 1 or 2 kit at a time then its simply not worth it

• 1 month later...

I realise this is a slightly old thread, but I've just had a new Flying Hours passport back with a kit and it clearly states "cheque or postal order for £4.98 per kit claimed", which seems pretty clear to me. £4.98 per kit, not per order.  That effectively rules out using it for Series 1 kits, maybe Series 2, but for anything above that it's still worth having.  It's just a shame that the tokens can't be used for Gift Sets.

My passport is an old £2.95 per kit one - do Airfix still honour these

Whoops - Found the answer on the website!!

You will need to collect:

12 Flying Hours to redeem for a series 1 or 2 kit

24 Flying Hours to redeem for a series 3, 4 or a QUICK BUILD kit

36 Flying Hours to redeem for a series 5 or 6 kit

48 Flying Hours to redeem for a series 7 or 8 kit

/_assets/images/cache/autoxauto/235288.jpg

A maximum of 48 Flying Hours can be exchanged at one time, but make sure that you only send in the number of tokens that you would like to redeem, as no tokens can be returned.

If you have selected new products which are not yet in stock we will hold your passport until the kits are available.

Please enclose a cheque or postal order for £4.98 per passport claimed to cover P&P made payable to Hornby Hobbies Ltd.  Please allow 28 days for delivery.

• 3 weeks later...

A maximum of 48 Flying Hours can be exchanged at one time, but make sure that you only send in the number of tokens that you would like to redeem, as no tokens can be returned.

If you have selected new products which are not yet in stock we will hold your passport until the kits are available.

Please enclose a cheque or postal order for £4.98 per passport claimed to cover P&P made payable to Hornby Hobbies Ltd.  Please allow 28 days for delivery.

Since this says specifically "per passport" it makes sense to only send in a passport when you have 48 flying hours collected. Then you can get four series 1 or 2 kits, two series 3 or 4 kits, or one series 7 or 8 kit for the £4.98 shipping (or two series 3 or 4 plus two series 1 or 2; or one series 5 or 6 plus one series 1 or 2).

• 3 weeks later...

Archived