Non Renewals...

feanor

It's been reported that Airfix is now asking members who are not renewing their membership 'why'. This is not surprising to myself given the levels dissatisfaction aired here by people i know who are members. And begs the Question, is Airfix, once again, simply not taking any notice of their own forum ? And does it care enough of them to do 'something' about the issues raised to do with it to keep them ?

• 2 months later...

Becasue its a total waste of money now. Not sure why I renewed last year after the fiasco with running out of the club kit the year previous to that (which I then had to pay through the nose via ebay to obtain). No club kits, no exclusives, essentially useless £20 voucher, still no club mag up on website. The list goes on and on.  

Becasue its a total waste of money now. Not sure why I renewed last year after the fiasco with running out of the club kit the year previous to that (which I then had to pay through the nose via ebay to obtain). No club kits, no exclusives, essentially useless £20 voucher, still no club mag up on website. The list goes on and on.  

I'll second that.

I haven't renewed.

I haven't renewed because of the lack of Club kits. I had to buy a Tornado GR4 on ebay to do a 617 Sq model and, with no new Club kits available I shan't be renewing anytime soon.Saw the Meteors that have disappeared off the page but they seemed to be Out of Stock as soon as they went up. Still not sure if they evert existed.Come on Humbrol, sort yourselves out. You are producing amazing models, just not for your Club members.

I sent them an email saying that the Club is not fit for purpose and not providing the service that was advertised, I requested my membership to end and a full refund be given, Guess what they agreed and cancelled my membership and refunded my full payment.

I'm disapointed I'm no longer a member but it really was'nt worth it. Due to there lack of support and nothing new. 

I'm afraid I certainly shan't be renewing next year.  I have a £20 voucher that I effectively can't use (mis-selling?), I've got 50+ Flying Hours tokens that  I'm struggling to find something to do with (althought the B-17 beckons), and the new postage rate for Flying Hours kits doesn't do much for the lower Series kits.  The magazine is OK, but membership used to include a catalogue - well, there isn't even a proper catalogue now.  What I'm most disappointed about, and feel really misled by, is the lack of new Club Exclusive kits.  So sorry, Hornby, you're losing us as customers. I wish Airfix could be spun off as a separate company again, instead of being six guys in an office within Hornby.

I doubt i will renew after this year .....althiugh i have one kit pending (the new 1/48 stuka) from airfix flying hours

I down traded my £20 for club kit to £15 to off, but not found anything the new 1/48 meteor has now went back to being pre-order but there is a glut of them from other retailers all vying to undercut airfix ....so as with no viable "club exclusives" or even club kits (also all available from other retailers ) i will try use up my flying hours about 170-190+ left and very few other 1/48 kits kn the horizon i don't think i'll manage it

Already two & a bit months in, not impressed

So not renewing next year 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I get the feeling that Hornby wants its current membership to not renew so that it can be closed down saying that there is "not enough interest to keep it going"; a standard UK working practice to close departments/products not wanted by the business.

• 5 months later...

Well, I said I wouldn't be renewing, but Airfix have changed the game!  Instead of the useless £20 voucher, we now have a £15 voucher to be used across the range (for the £20 UK postal membrship).  That effectively makes membership cost a fiver, so I've renewed.  I'm still really disappointed that we no longer get the club exclusive models though, that really is a shame and is frankly very misleading advertising on the part of Airfix.

• 2 years later...