New Stuka

Yug

Does anyone think that at  £11.99 it is overpriced bearing in mind the new Spitfire is only  £8.99?  For the same price you can get a  Mosquito which is much bigger. Okay I know there are over 100 pieces. Still going to buy it so I get free delivery. 

I'm just about ready to paint mine and having got that far with the build, I can say it is worth every penny given the superb fit and detail. You can't really compare the Mosquito in terms of price as it is a kit that first saw light of day back in the seventies and while still an enjoyable kit to build, doesn't come close to the new Stuka in terms of fit and detail. Bear in mind that as Ratch says, the investment in the Stuka has to be recouped-the Mosquito paid for itself over 30 years ago.   

Howard

Yah! If you could call them crew, that was the days of Jimmy Goggles, we paid 2/- (10P) back then. I still have one in the stash. If I remember correctly the fuselage was too long and the wing span too short or the other way round. That old Stuka had about 30 parts and was truly terrible especially comparied to todays standard, & taking inflation at 10% p.a. over the last 60 years that 2/- (10P) now would be £6.40P, (at compound interest) so I think at £11.99P for a kit with over 100 parts is a bargine.

Love to see how you get along with it.

Remember we do this for fun    John the Pom.

Archived