Disappearing images and posts

I posted a photo and short description of my home-brew track cleaning car, on Sunday at about 1800.

Normally my images appear immediately, but this time both the image and text were 'held for moderating'.

They still have not appeared, so I have posted a replacement, which appeared immediately.

So - there must be a gremlin in the system that is eating posts!

Ditto - posts and images just failed to post and it wasnt due to a logout either as I,was still in After the failed to appear event.

Has anyone with an iPad noticed that recently the keyboard is middle of screen and covers what I am typing about.

Rob

I'm gonna be pedantic and say my keyboard is on my desk... 😛

I've got a proper putey you see... 😛 😛

Seriously though... does seem a tad odd that some are experiencing these minor issues and others not. Having said that it may be a system problem and not down to the forum... folk's settings may differ from others on their machines. Just a thought...

I've had a look in all my iPad settings and can't see why it should place itself where it does, so I'll file it in the same category as why some pictures I posted on the pannier tank sound thread have disappeared and there are only placeholders.

Maybe an iPad reset is required.

Here's a screen grab of the keyboard problem...

/media/tinymce_upload/b2aac407a057781c2800e912dfc75a2a.PNG

I remember this one from a client a couple of years back since my last post in this thread...

Anyway Rob, here's an addition to the find made so far by our good friend...

Using the keyboard icon and pressing hold to pop up the dock/split sometimes does not work.

Try this: Go to Settings > Keyboard and find the button for "split keyboard". If it is switched ON simply turn it OFF.

I also believe that a simple drag of the keyboard to the bottom will dock it... unless the split keyboard switch is on maybe? This last point I am totally sure of but it is food for thought.

@WTD I can't get that tap and hold menu to appear but the keyboard has gone to the screen bottom again after going onto other forums and then coming back here. Most odd... Rob

You need to switch on 'split keyboard' in Settings - General - Keyboard. 

Thanks WTD

I found the split keyboard selection and toggled it without knowing what it actually did and that is why the keyboard mysteriously reverted to normal again.

Rob

Oops.... so you did WTD.

I probably scrolled too quickly past the two posts you made back to back and spotted only one of them.

Note to oneself... take my time and look hard before repeating other member's texts and trying to nick the credit 😳 😮

At least Rob used your fix and not mine ay? 😎

Archived