can not post pictures

This is just a bit frustrating, this site won't accept my pics from Flickr nor will it allow me to place my avatar. Tried to find a way to "contact" but there seems to be none.

On the Forum Basics thread it say we have to wait to have an image approved? How when there is no info on who you wait for, or where you upload to to wait. What is max pixel size for images? It all seems overly difficult to simply post a pic. There really needs to be more "straight forward" non-comuter lingo directions for functions on this site.

Any help would be greatly accepted.

Regards,

FAA

The server for all Hornby foruns, including Airfix, Scalextric and Hornby, should be the same and the problem common to all users.

When pictures show up recently, most likely are linked to files hosted by external servers, using the 4th icon from the right, like the one bellow:

IMG_0643a.jpg

We on the Hornby forum are not supprisingly having the same problems but a member did upload something a few weeks ago so I wonder if there could be a combination of issues.

Hi 81F

As you will see from the previous post to yours dated 01 Sept 17 this issue has been present for over a month. I have emailed Airfix directly (and guess other members probably have to) about the issue and been informed that it is a web issue and their web developers are working on fix and they would put out a message to all users once the issue is resolved. That was over 2 weeks ago so either someone isnt doing much or its a serious issue which is proving very difficult to resolve but an update would be nice.

I have a number of projects that I wanted to share with other members and have given up waiting. I was looking at other forums to use, and also decided to try 'picturetrail' as a hosting site and apart from needing to upload my pictures twice now, it was far easier to use that I had feared! I have uploaded a few photos over the weekend which are waiting to be 'moderated' so will see how they turn out on Monday.

I do not know what nor where the Airfix host is (no indication here) My avatar is on my PC and this site will not upload it nor will it accept my Flickr URLs for photos. I have no problems with any other site, just this one.

Not about to try another photo site after being through the Photobucket debacle, having to transfer a couple of thousand photos to another suitable site was an enormous amount of work and lost hobby time.

There is a massive problem with uploading images in the system. We over at the Hornby Forum, have had no luck or success, in uploading images to the Hornby Forum, for about two or three weeks! I am gueesing this issue covers all of the Hornby Hobbies Forum's, not just one in particular.

It a waiting game for all us. We will just have to wait for the Admin team to sort it out. I am sure they are trying and trying hard. It is test of our patience!  😀

GNR-Gordon-4

I hjave images to upload to the Hornby Forum too, T2B. Most of them I took about a month ago, or near it. I can confirm that what 81F has said is correct. We have had for a long time now too, this issue. I am guessing that the Corgi Forum and the Scalextric Forum are experencing the same issues, too.

GNR-Gordon-4

Archived