C7042 Analogue problem

Jonny j

Hi all.

Im having problems with the c7042 powerbase in analogue mode. When using 2 power supplies and selecting gear, left or even right, one car goes left the other goes right. I cant seem to fix it and get the 2 cars going the same way.. Firmware is 0.85.

Any help greatfully received.

Thanks.

Have same problem - real nightmare and when you finally outthink apb is ok until reset to go back to digital.

Quit using apb because of this  - contacted rico on it and offered my solutions of rewiring 1 lane at pb and he did not know.

Found monthes later posting at slotforum digital scaly - apb problems in analog, last dated 8-27-2017.

Seems last generation of apb , up graded or not may have mistake straight from factory,

So good luck swapping this in but the solution now offered is same idea of rewiring 1 lane.

But never saw this topic updated as success and concerned what it may do to digital.

So for me either will try switch or use apb for glad with 2 powerpacks (good backup for pb6pro-sh with transformer).

• 1 year later...

Hi Leeeee - welcome to the forum!

This was an issue with a batch of the later Advanced Six Car Powerbases (APB). They work fine with digital, but one lane is wired the wrong way round for analogue. It is an easy fix for people who know what they are doing (swapping two track power wires) - although I can't find anything in the Scalextric Digital section of Slot Forum... Perhaps a post there would get you the offer of help - either talking you through the modification or offering to do the repair for you. If the powerbase was bought new, perhaps you could look at a replacement or refund from the vendor?

• 1 month later...

Yes switching leads of only 1 lane is the solution.

It is the same as the riko 's digital solution for the arc pro as shown in top of slotforum scaly digital forum.

On the arc pro you finally get the lane design choices of the advanced but not the use of analog unless you want opposite drections like the one that you currently have problem with on the advanced.

But for digital only users of the arc pro it is godsent.

However when it is done to the advanced , you may fine the analog direction choice is opposite to the button selection, as in right goes left and left goes right BUT both lanes finally go in same direction and can be easily reversed.

Now consider the advanced to be the best scaly has produced, but sadly lacking wireless , the only true endearing feature of the arc.

As for why solution was not posted on slot forum, was unable to get back on there.

Did post it on slot car illustrated and asked several members of sf to post it but obviously they did not.

gorp

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...