Picture Upload problems again

Dad Paul B

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dad Paul B

I've noticed the site is again able to up-load photos, but in the recommend secection about loading photos they recommend an 800 pixel limit. Most of my photos are trimmed to this limit and so-far no problems. I change the resolution of the final cropped image to 800 pixels in a photo editing program ( you can use Windows Fax Viewer Or there are many free on-line versions. ) then save as JPG with a mild compression which again reduces the file size by 30% or more. All my photos are of 150 Kb ( not MB) most being around 100 KB or less. I did post a few photos of the Manxman that when I just checked were in the 500 KB range and remember noticing them loading slower than usual. I now try to keep to that 800 pixel size. There are a few postings that take forever to load ( I've actually exited the internet several times, and restarted it to skip that posting.) and on checking them I've found that they are all in the double digit MB sizes and in the 3000 to 5000 pixel ranges.

Maybe Airfix site techies have put a limit on the file size that can be up-loaded. If you still have problems maybe reducing the file size to the recommended limits might help.

Remember we do this for fun                    John the Pom

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I think we've had this issue discussed before, the forum software doesn't seem to be compatible with iPad image format. You need to convert your images to something like jpg, tif, png or bmp. You might need to add an app to your iPad to do this.

• 4 months later...

I haven't posted here since early April and now find I can't upload pictures to a post. I keep getting a "403 Forbidden" error. I tried a single test Jpeg image, 700x525 pixels, 60kb in size and still get an error. A text only post works ok.

Any thoughts?

I'm having the same issue, so you're not alone. Guess it will get fixed eventually.  Maybe they need to reboot - seems to fix most computer issues.  😀

I'll try again in December!  😉

It's stupidly difficult I think the only way I can get anything to upload is this way hit a reply button then select the photo icon then I have to select take a new picture I'do all this on my iPad as it wont accept old saved pictures. it's just a matter of days waiting for admin to approve then 

• 1 month later...

More problems. 

Since the '403 forbidden' issue was resolved, and I managed to upload my finished Phantom images things have become impossible again!!

The upload message seems to have changed and how I find my image file, then the upload icon just whirls round and the image doesn't load?

It's no wonder I've almost given up on the Airfix forum and am now concentrating on the ATF as showing my builds is all part of the enjoyment of modelling!!!

What happens Paul is that the image doesn't seem to load. You must resist the temptation to click on the submit button again (or several times) because, if you come out of the page then re-enter it, the image is there (for those of us with instant approval). Those without tend to submit multiple ideantical images, and whoever is approving them doesn't see that they're the same and we get repeat posts with identical pictures.

Just tested again and issue seems to have been resolved?

I'll post 2 images and the first 1 shows the usual message I get which works, the second image shows the message that doesn't.

Just in case someone knows more about these systems than I do?

/media/tinymce_upload/a3e20ae591e148f3ce8c048de65ef987.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/e43e8abcd12a83d687400a5fae9c4fb7.jpg