More Lane change options

Kekadeka

These are types of Lane changer tracks I'd like to see for digital/Arc Pro.                  •Bring back the curved Lane changers.      •Hairpin lane changers.                                  •Single straight lane changers (similar to Carrera)                                                              •Chicane Lane changers 

• 1 year later...

If Scalextric would take the former curve lane changers and cut them in half (like the mods on the other forums) so one could combine either left or right turns to make chicane lane changes.  Also, make the curves truly reversable (identical flippers on each end, with easy to relocate flipper mechanism.... the previous ones are easy to move but the flippers are different sizes), then only two 2-piece changers are required (since reversing the change mechanisms would yield both in-to-out and out-to-in combinations), Left and Right.  Oh ya, fix the wiring so it works with ARC as well as digital and analogue.

Instead of single lane changers (how does that work anyway?) what about the old straight crossover track so one does not need to use an XLC cross-over lane changer to go into/out of a pit bay?  Should be simple to do since the design is already there... just need the newer depth and the Sport track connectors.  No other electrics involved!

what about the old straight crossover track so one does not need to use an XLC cross-over lane changer to go into/out of a pit bay?

Are you talking about the analog Goodwood pite lane entries?

To be honest, I can see the merit in having a dedicated pit entry piece so that if you are in the lane next to the pit entry you don't accidently switch to the other lane when you actually meant to pit.

• 1 year later...

Would be nice to have more lanes. Have the power allow up to 4 lanes instead of 2. More Lanes would add more racing options. Something like a expansion to the power base. I know that you are limited to 125v for US. I have seen what looks like the power supply 12v 2a. I think the power supply can add 2 more lanes without a large power consumption. Just a thought. 

Posted about experience with 4 lane digital on the topic,  missing piece of track.

My opinion is that it is too costly to build for most users racing  only 6 cars.

If  you want more cars , suggest slotit oxygen system, most of which scaly sells.