Frameable or stick-up-able pictures

A humble suggestion to the "Collector" art editors --- why not include a nice full-page photo of a loco or train, with a scenic

background ?  Without and advertisements etc and suitable for framing or just putting up on bedroom, kitchen walls or fridges. Does anyone subscribe to this idea, which would cost Hornby nothing extra and would be especially appealing to younger members ?

I had this thought when I was into F1 racing. Framed pics were always expensive. The best I could come up with was to buy cheap books on the subject from cut price bookshops then scan and print some pics. But yes, I agreee it would be nice. Calendars are also a good source of photos that may be used. Depends on the size you were thinking of? You can enlarge your own pics on an a3 colour copier at your local central library or copier service shop. These places often offer a laminating service as well if you wanted to 'hang' the pics on your fridge/in the kitchen. If Hornby or any of the other manufacturers produced something like this then you would expect their logo somewhere on it!

Thankyou , Gents' for your support.   I was thinking of a 1-page A4 picture such as the "Collector" already does, but without any text or other 'interference' on it. The problem with a 2-page spread, Gordon, is usually the staples or white line in the middle. I have a couple of nice illustrations on my kitchen tiles where I see them at breakfast but irregularly shaped as I have had to cut away the offending scripts. An Austerity tank with "abandoned" background and a King hauling a rake of Pullmans.

I have had pull outs from long past magazines in four fold form i.e A4 x 4 to make A2.  Presented in the centre so when carefully removed it unfolded once then again to make a decent candidate for framing as long as the stapled holes were ’closed’ with a thumb rub.

Rob

Your welcome, Jimbopuff. A centre poster that one can pull out be treat and would make the magazine complete. Hornby do produce good images that one could stick on the wall, as look at the images Hornby print in the catalogues and on the monthly Calendar Wallpapers. They are always cracking images.

GNR-Gordon-4 

Archived