Jouef Four wheeled tankers

Forum-1211528

I own about Thirty Jouef four wheeled tankers they were done in verious liveries by this sadly missed French manufacture from the 1960s until LIMA took them over but that was the end of that as they never remade the Jouef tanker in their range. When Lima went bust and Hornby took over the range i feel after thirty years of being out of production its time for Hornby to bring the Jouef four wheeled tanker back for the 21st century! I have a long tain of them running behind a Hornby Esso sentinal diesel as although these tankers are HO scale as the diesel is small you dont notice it. To make a conversion get your Jouef four wheel tanker look under it where the continental couplings are attached with two brass screws unscrew these taking off the continental couplings. Get two Tri-ang metal tension lock couplings and push the Jouef screw through the Triang couplings then tighten the screw attaching the Triang Metal Couplings to the Jouef tanker now this will couple to any Hornby loco or rolling stock this is great so do it ok but id like some new ones please Hornby!

Although these are an HO scale model of a French OCEM 4 wheel tanker I am sure that Hornby and their enthusiasts would find them much too toy like for the likelihood of their further production. This Jouef tanker WAS in fact remade by Lima as their track cleaning wagon even being included in the Lima Hobby Line range made in China by Hornby. For those interested in these wagons there are always a good selection on ebay at pretty reasonable prices.

Archived