James/Gordon - Tender top removal

FT

There are thin horizontal lugs on the top surface of the metal tender chassis frame which locate in to small recesses moulded in the bottom of each side of the tender body.  These are approximately one third of the body length in from the front and the rear on each side.  By squeezing inwards the front and rear of the body, the sides can sometimes be made to spring out sufficiently to allow the chassis lugs to drop out.  If not, it will be necessary to introduce a thin blade or plastic carefully between the bottom of the body and the top of the chassis at a corner and gently work it along the side until the lugs are prised out.

GS

FT, which Gordon and James are talking about? Here is a list of the Gordon's and James' released by Hornby:

R383 Gordon the Big Blue Engine

R852 James the Red Engine

R9290 James the Red Engine

R9291 Gordon the Blue Engine

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

Brian (walkingthedog), perhaps FT is talking about the tender boy piece, the top the tender piece, perhaps, when he / she was referring to tender tops.

GNR-Gordon-4

Was referring to James & Gordon, having same problem with both.

• 1 month later...

'Ere I hope you lot aren't going try & prise the top of my tender top- I quite like the top of my tender head Thank you very much - Oh your talking about the Loco & not me - Phew you had me worried there for a second!!!  😉 😆 lol

Archived