Why Hornby, WHY AGAIN??!!

So , Like my similar post last year, This is going to be the same stuff.

Hornby have decided to AGAIN keep their club UK exclusive.

(So much for that Late 2018/Early 2019 Work)(They could be doing it,but the club page is up so I doubt it.)

For those who are unaware about that first remark,I emailed Hornby 1 Year ago about this very issue.

I think Hornby need to get their club worldwide again. For the benefits may be good.

(Between The Thomas range ending and the club being U.K exclusive again, The club being U.K exclusive  again in more saddening, for people actually want to get the club membership.)

I was in the previous club up to around 2014, but I can't think back to that year or longer and remember if a international membership was for sale. I cannot that.

Anyway, I want to rejoin the Collector Club for 2019, just for the Network Rail Diesel Shunter 0-4-0 locomotive, which I do like the look of. Sadly, the wesbite has not updated and still contains the 2018 locomotive, which I don't want. Perhaps Hornby still have these left and want to get rid of them, before they add the 2019 locomotive to the website?

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

Also, something I’ve Been wondering is why haven’t Hornby put tender engines into their modern Club memberships?

I don’t know if It has been done before but I put that word there in case it has been done. I wouldn’t really like a lot of 0-4-0s in my collection. They have done 0-4-0s and 0-6-0s but why not a 2-4-0 or a 4-4-0. It could be welcomed by many as a new loco for the club membership line.

@ Jacob - "Anyway, I want to rejoin the Collector Club for 2019, just for the Network Rail Diesel Shunter 0-4-0 locomotive, which I do like the look of."

Well I know that my models are a lot older & a different Colour & have a B.R. Livery on them - but if you want a bit of a review to see what they are like - goto my Y.T. Channel - Click on Playlist - then Click on Model Train + Railway Simulaor - then click on the any of the following vids..."The Chase Goes on!!!" or "Chasing with Wagon" or "The Diesel Chase!!!" or "Diesels Model Trains" or may  be "Diesels Model Trains" - Have fun!!!

@MasterGamer575838

For years I have wanted to join Club Electrotren - one of Hornby's International brands, but this was only available to those living in Spain or Portugal. Its very similar to the Hornby Club but with a coach or pair of wagons replacing the 0-4-0.

http://www.clubelectrotren.com/

Last year it was relaunched and is available to customers in a range of countries including England - but not Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland..............the price being €80/year against €52 for Spain.

I'll get the wagon from ebay if I want it. I don't need to pay silly prices.

I think its a missed opportunity from Hornby to not try and maximise sales and customer engagement across all their brands.

@WTD

Probably, but the website says England, not the United Kingdom or Great Britain. 

That means the club is either only available to people living in England or the website has been created by simpletons who think that 'England' means all of the UK.

It doesn't really surprise me - Spanish forums, magazines and books routinely refer to the 141F 2101-25 as English when they were produced by North British. However, I would expect Hornby to be slightly more professional regarding their associate websites. 

The website being managed from Spain or the UK is irrelevant as Hornby Hobbies is ultimately responsible for the accuracy and performance of its various business units.

Most of the world referring to the UK as England doesn't make it right - It just means the most of world is stupid.

OK OK just making a point. Why oh why do people come on here intent on knocking Hornby. If you don’t like them don’t use them. 

The UK being referred to as England is understandable as we and a lot of the world speak English not British. Nobody is being stupid.

As the web site is in Spanish I guess it is prepared in Spain. 

I'm not sure what your point is. Are you annoyed because the club supposedly isn’t available in Scotland and Wales?

Have you joined the club?

Have you asked these questions direct to Hornby or are you just ranting on the forum in the hope someone in a Hornby suit will hear you.

Whilst the forum is an open discussion area it is not the place to lodge formal complaint against Hornby. That is between you and them not us.

By all means air your views in general on a topic and maybe let the forum know the outcome of anything coming back out of Hornby, but we can’t fix it for you and they can’t fix until they know it is broke.

HCC is your first stop or in the event of no action then try Adam the forum Admin.

Rob

@WTD

The UK being referred to as England is not understandable, its an act of uneducated (stupid) people as I stated. 

With regards to knocking Hornby, I don't think its too much to ask that corporate literature is accurate. No more so than expecting accuracy in a model. Moaning about incompetence doesn't exclude brand engagement. A significant part of my collection is from Hornby Hobbies and that is unlikely to change anytime soon.

No, I have not joined the club - as stated in my post above, I feel it is too expensive and the Club models can be bought on ebay. My comments on this thread were intended to compliment the OPs comments regarding the Hornby club being available to modellers outwith the UK.  

@RAF96

Is the above post referring to MasterGamer575838's OP regarding the geographical availability of the Hornby Club, or my contention that the UK is not England?

I would agree that the OP should contact Hornby directly regarding the club, I, on the other hand realised a long time ago that the world is not smart enough.................. 😆

ellocoloco, I also struggle to understand the point you are making. Are you saying the club is too expensive?

I viewed the website link you posted, but I didn't any of it, as I don't understand Spanish, or whatever language it is!  😆

I find that buying the club exclusives models sell for more on eBay and if one a year a club exclusive model gets announced that you want, it's cheaper to join the club, as you get that model, plus the magazines, membership card and badge. People price the club models on eBay for about or sometimes more than the club costs, so it really is cheaper to join the club and at least this way you get more for your money.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

Sorry ellocoloco but to tarnish most of the world as stupid because they refer to the UK as England is beyond belief. It is much the same as many in the UK referring to Holland when that is the name of only a part of the country that it is part of.

Much more important things in life to worry about........so I am told.

You obviously think Hornby is a rubbish company so I suggest you start collecting from one of the other companies. Have a pleasant day.

@WTD

Have you read over what you just posted?

Are the United Kingdom and England the same thing? I don't quite believe so.........Do you think so? 

And at what point did I intimate that Hornby was a rubbish company? Accuracy on a corporate website should be a given. Not an option.

And a pleasant day to you to.

I find that buying the club exclusives models sell for more on eBay and if one a year a club exclusive model gets announced that you want, it's cheaper to join the club, as you get that model, plus the magazines, membership card and badge. People price the club models on eBay for about or sometimes more than the club costs, so it really is cheaper to join the club and at least this way you get more for your money.

Now take a look at this listing: eBay - HORNBY RAILROAD R3678 - GWR 0-4-0 LOCO No 18 - COLLECTOR CLUB 2018 - OO- NEW.

I admit that this listing for a brand new Collector Club Locomotive 2018 is still below the RRP, but it's priced at £29.95. Yes, I admit that this locomotive only costs £1.95 and there's not much you can spend £1.95 on, these days.

The point I am making is that for £1.95 less, if you join the club now, you get the same locomotive, four magazines (Spread out through the year), the VIP Membership Card and the badge all for £28.00. This is a much better deal than buying the locomotive on eBay, unless you csn find it for less money.

Unless you don't want the magazines, the VIP Membership Card and badge and all you want is the locomotive then it probably is better to find the club exclusive model.

Also, if become a Collector Club member, you get a chance to pre-order the club exclusive H Class locomotive.

Alright, Club Electrotren is probably different than the Hornby Collector Club, but I am sure it cheaper to get the club model, via memebership than purchasing the model on eBay.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

• 1 month later...