Any ideas for a good bomber planes for a newer person to modelling?

Ratch

Yes if memory serves me correctly from when I built a couple in the long and distant past, the ladder fits onto the main spar running along the bottom of the bomb bay and acts to support the tail heavy beast in the correct position on it's nose wheel, however to accomplish this the bomb bay is required to be displayed open.

For the closed bomb bay option, some weight would still be required but you could use the bomb bay space so long as you kept the weight forward of the pivot point (e.g. the main under-carriage legs)!

Yes if memory serves me correctly from when I built a couple in the long and distant past, the ladder fits onto the main spar running along the bottom of the bomb bay and acts to support the tail heavy beast in the correct position on it's nose wheel, however to accomplish this the bomb bay is required to be displayed open.

For the closed bomb bay option, some weight would still be required but you could use the bomb bay space so long as you kept the weight forward of the pivot point (e.g. the main under-carriage legs)!

The main wheels are peculiarly far forward compared to other aircraft (level with bomb bay)  I'm wise to this after a P38 tail sitter . The kit i built has a bulkhead behind the cockpit and another in front of the bomb bay (I'm  sure it's the radio / navigator room) loads of space for weight in there. I'm sure the Airfix is similar. 

• 2 months later...

I've had a few surprises with tail-sitters (looking particularly at you, Me262) but the first few times it happened I had already near-finished the models! One reasonable tip I was given is to use a small piece of spare sprue and attach it underneath as a stanchion, somewhere hidden... But have since learned from the mistake!