Our first foray into Hornby

/media/tinymce_upload/5333a6a257b1e63c82b76d00298048d1.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/07e955c7ca61c065696710d02b0340e0.jpgGood Morning All,

I have been following this forum for a couple of months now, while watching eBay looking for a 'bargain'.  My son (5yo) loves model railways, especially the permanent layout at Yeovil Railway Centre - a local heritage setup, and Thomas in particular.  I came across this set on eBay and won it for £32 - which I think is a pretty good deal!

It arrived yesterday and it ran perfectly (after the kids were in bed....)

Extension packs and layout to follow in time, but hopefully this is the start of a long-term project for us both to get in to (along with my 1yo son in a few years time).

Very interesting forum (and for the most part) it seems very friendly and welcoming.  I look forward to gathering as much information as I can in the coming months and years!

Cheers!
George

YeovilGlover, welcome to the Hornby Forum.  😀

I think that's a very good find, of the R9071 Thomas Electric Train Set from 2005, for only £32.00. From what I can see from the image, Thomas, Annie, Clarabel and the track appears to be in excellent condition. The box is a bit tatty, but I suppose the box is better in this condition, rather than the contents!  😆

I think your model railway mad son is going to love this Train Set, partically if he loves Thomas & Friends™. I hope he enjoys it.  😀

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

Archived