Hellcat 1/24 engine pipes step 153

Huber

The pipe n°56 are bended and the bow is toward the center. This was not obvious (for me) on the the assembly step 153, I did it wrong  😢 
I find difficult to glue this small pipe : some tiny pin on these pipe and hole in cylinder'head would be helpfull for the next release.

Any way I congratulate the Hellcat'team: this a very nice model,I like very much all these details

• 2 weeks later...

/media/tinymce_upload/ea93668561904a63a0d3b5d779c2be4a.jpg

Are you referring to the small parts circled in red above? If so, then the part number is J7. The number 56 refers to the paint colour required for this part, being Humbrol 56 Aluminum (metallic).

Chris

/media/tinymce_upload/4ef223b48ace0edb51a1dedd24ff65df.jpg 

Is this what you are asking about? If so, then the PArt Number is J7. 56 is the colour callout, being Humbrol 56 Aluminum ( metallic ).These little parts look like they might be the oil lines that go at the top of the cylinders, between the valver rocker covers.

Chris

• 11 months later...

Hi, Could somebody give me some advice on the painting of the Hellcat engine , i have a airbrush but im not sure how to go about using it on the engine , ie what parts to spray ,what parts to brush, do i paint on the spru ? thanks in advance 

I would assemble the main parts without painting but as sub-assemblies, for example keep the cylinders and crank case separate, then paint. Any other parts I would paint before adding to the main assembly, for instance ignition harness and ancillary pipework. I would use the airbrush for everything. If you want to use washes or highlights it would be best to do it prior to putting everything together.