Arc Pro Remote Monitor picture size

Philsie

we have a large layout all working fine with Arc Pro we use an IPad Air which also connect to a remote tv screen so we can easily see infomation as we race at the end of the race etc., one issue is that the display on the remote tv is only the size of the Ipad about a quarter of the available screen space, tried everything with the tv with the menu size type of picture tried just a pc monitor, looked at and tried the usual options on the Ipad nothing seems to work. I do not have this trouble with other applications and screen size iPad to tv

any suggestions please

philsie 

Try to enthusiast-created "Magic app": In the APP Store search for magic scalextric and it will come up.

If the problem still only occurs with the official app then we can look further.

Hi I did try Magic App but it did not connect with my Acr Pro for some reason I have seen in various forums others have had similar issues with Magic 

i did eventually get the magic app to connect not a problem with the hard ware of software operator error. Having done so I get full screen on the remote monitor which is good but just can't get full screen on the remote monitor using arc pro any suggestions welcome 

It is not easy to get the vertical 'portrait' screen of the ARC app onto a TV screen - what you'll have is the vertical display showing in the centre of the horizontal TV screen. If you fancy trying to use the TV vertically, it is best to search for that specific advice on Apple user forums etc. 

An alternative I like is using a data projector - then the unused horizontal screen is not so obvious and you can make the ARC display as large as you need. Only good if you have (or can borrow) a data projector...

• 2 weeks later...

Try to enthusiast-created "Magic app": In the APP Store search for magic scalextric and it will come up.

If the problem still only occurs with the official app then we can look further.

Hi I did try Magic App but it did not connect with my Acr Pro for some reason I have seen in various forums others have had similar issues with Magic 

Make sure no other blue tooth device is already connect to your Arc Pro. Best way is turn bluetooth off on all other devices. 

Thanks I will give it a try

I will chime in and say get the Magic Arc App. This is by far and large the best way to get a better use from a larger display and run races with the Arc Pro powerbase. It uses landscape instead of portrait mode so it filles the whole screen to show your race info. 

I'll also throw in a plug to support this app as best you can so it continues to appeal to it's author for improvements. 

I would say the bext way to get a full screen would be to get Scalextric to add a landscape mode to the Scalextric App. 

It's just my view, but I do like the portrait view of the Scalextric ARC app - I think it displays the race screen perfectly on a tablet for ARC Pro (or a phone if I am running alone). The portrait view is - in my opinion - easier to use in race mode. Yes, to display it on a larger screen does take some work, but I find the data projector option is a good one. However, using the controller rumble as a prompt, a good size tablet (9 or 10-inch) placed by the pit lane is perfectly good for four to six racers, in my experience.

It is good there is the option of the Magic app and I would urge people to give it a go. Thankfully, it is not either/or. I think the Magic app does some things (eg pace cars) much better than the Scalextric app, but overall I find the Scalextric app a more satisfying option. I have both apps on my tablet.

• 2 weeks later...

I suspect it's a choice of either landscape or portrait orientation (like with most gaming apps) and Scalextric chose portrait. Personally, I'm glad they did - I find the screen much easier to read at a glance (ie in race conditions) than Magic's. Landscape mode is too spread out for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Woodcote-

I like the portrait mode too and would love to get portrait mode to broacast to my giant portrait-mode TV display, but that isn't yet possible with the current app and lack of features/options.  

I am sure your I-Pad is fine for you when you are practicing/racing by yourself, but do you really ask all 6 racers to look at that same screen while they are racing?  

Chris

Hi Chris - I agree that it is very fiddly, but it's not impossible. An Android device cast to a Chromecast device (with output orientation selection) is the easiest option. There are limitations with Apple, but it is possible to do it with Apple TV and a TV / monitor that offers portrait mode in its set-up menu. Another option is via a Mac or PC using software such as Reflector. None of these are simple - and require extra hardware or software - and with some TVs and monitors it may not work. You might also get a slight time lag, especially with the software option. I believe a Fire tablet cast to the latest Fire TV sticks also does the job, but I have not tried this yet.

My preferred option is a simple Lightning-to-HDMI lead connected to a digital projector - then the black bars either side are not noticeable and the image is as big as you want it to be. I've also tried an old 4:3 monitor and the black bars are certainly narrower than on a modern 16:9 wide screen.

The maximum number of people I've had racing ARC Pro with just the 9.7" iPad was four. With use of the controller rumble and audio prompts it was fine. I agree that with six it would be a little cozy and defeats the object of being able to spread out round the track with the wireless controllers. At our club we use RCS64 with the C7042 and find drivers rarely use the screen - especially if we are using team race formats where info from the screen is being relayed by team mates or the race controller.

Woodcote-

Thanks for the encouragement and the additional ideas.  I have tried a Samsung tablet, a Fire Stick, a jailbroke Firestick, Apple TV, and various other methods.  I had heard about the projector method and I have also seen that $2000 digital signage TVs can handle the rotation too.  Maybe I will borrow one of my kids Fire tablets and see what that does differently when linked to Fire TV.   

The Carrera guys make it seem so easy, but I have over 100 Scalextric, Slot.it and Pioneer digital-chipped cars for Scalextric and I am not starting over.

Sounds like we have both spent far too many hours trying to figure this out.  I just wish Scalextric would add an app enhancement to make this easier on the consumer.

Thanks again and enjoy the weekend.

Chris