Hornby Thomas Complete Collection.

More photos of the Hornby Thomas collection, complete except for a few trainsets.

The missing trainsets donot have any different items than those shon in photos.

All locomotives, Rolling stock, buildings and accessories made by Hornby.1985 to 2016.

Main characters with buildings.

/media/tinymce_upload/1de7914014768c3cc31fa7e20af836bf.JPG

No Buildings, another 95 Thomas items added.Different variations, boxes, 'R' numbers etc.

/media/tinymce_upload/e6a8c70964799a1e9feadc8678be8eff.JPG

Closer look at main characters.

/media/tinymce_upload/fc5a8515c3130f49cbe7db66ba5f026b.JPG

Fantastic photos new lad on block. Thank you so much for posting these.  😀

Is that R9257 Spencer and R9750 Spencer (Limited Production) on display?

You also don't appear to have the following on display:

R9295 James' Composite Coach

R9296 James' Brake Coach

R9297 Gordon's Composite Coach

R9298 Gordon's Brake Coach

Unless these four coaches are on the main display shelves out of the boxes?

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

Hi Gordon latest releases of coaches are in main middle display, others including UK variations are boxed in side cabinet behind glass.

Yes, I opened up  the sealed Spencer I had, I thought nobody would beleave me it was sealed anyway.

Not all rolling stock on display I have other duplicates, also except for Great discovery and clockwork integral wagons There are twenty or so trainset components not on display, but they are duplicated on the display.

All go back in boxes when kids go back home after holidays.

I noticed the older versions of UK and China made Gordon's and James' Coaches in the boxes to the side, just couldn't see the 2015 / 2016 box design, holding either versions of Gordon's and James' Coaches!

That's a shame. I believed you about R9749 Spencer (Limited Production) being factory sealed. The polystrere tray that Spencer is in has a plastic cover that is sellotaped on, so that proves it is factory sealed. The orginal Spencer model from 2008, R9257, was the same as well. I wanted to keep mine factory sealed, but I couldn't resist to open it!  🤔  😆

Oh yeah, The Great Discovery sub-theme / collection is on display.

Where is that display on display at, out of interest? At your home?

I am glad you had the older and most recent versions of Thomas, Edward, Henry, Gordon, James and Percy was not on display.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

Oh cool. Your home is a museum then!  😆

Thank you the hand drawn plan.  😀

I have viewed the earlier images on this thread a number of times, via my iPhone, where I can zoom in on the images and detect the models better, than on my laptop. Something that caught my eye that the Spencer on the left with R9702 Spencer's Composite Coach, is that the R9749 Spencer (Limited Production)? The reason I ask is, that I noticed that handrails down the sides of Spencer's boiler stand out better, as on this model they are black. The handrails down the sides of the original R9257 Spencer, are sliver. I do believe that your R9257 Spencer is coupled up to R9703 Spencer's Brake Coach. Have I got the two Spencer's on your cabinet display, the correct way around?

You also have three Old Slow Coach models on display, so which Old Slow Coach is coupled behind Emily, who is on the main shelf display, on the 8th shelf down, to the right of your Gordon's and his R9297/R9298 coaches?

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

Hi Gordon, Yes the comp coach is on the left behind the  Ltd. Ed. Spencer.

I have noticed that the handrails on tender on both Spencers are black.

A few more photos./media/tinymce_upload/08065172ea3988d819376e695d374dbc.JPG

/media/tinymce_upload/91db71cc965a0eb67170220909223403.JPG

/media/tinymce_upload/5c3de093cd3d018a7d01a387758adcb0.JPG

Old slow coach behind Emily is the latest issue R9302, have two of those in picture other one is the earlier version.

3 Gordons are from left to right UK, early Chinese, and Latest issue.

/media/tinymce_upload/a5fcb08e6077dc57ed95b7b96f3ed516.JPG

Thanks for the images, new lad on block.  😀

Yes, the handrails on the tenders of each model are black, that's why I found it odd when R9257 Spencer was released in 2008, why the handrails were different colours. Spencer does have sliver handrails on his boiler in the TV series, but agaist that greyish / bluish paint livery on the Hornby R9257 model, they don't stand out and blend in too well. The advantage of the boiler handrails painted black on the 2012 R8749 Spencer (Limited Production) model they stand out well, even though they are not accurate to how Spencer looks in the TV series.

There's only a very slight colour difference between the two models, but I am glad to own one of each.

Both of my Spencer's share the coaches, as I only have one det of them. I don't need two sets of those coaches, as what's the point in having two Spencer's on the layout at the same time?!  😆  😉  😀

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

Correct. I wish the Sodor Mail Operating Coach was sold as individual boxed item however, as it would have saved me purchasing the 2011 released and original R9682 Percy & The Mail Train Set! Mind you, the Train Set did provide me with the 2011 copyright Hornby Percy model, an extra Red Oxide Vent Van and of course the main reason for the purchase, the Sodor Mail Operating Coach!  😆

Also, I may sound like I am complaing about having to buy that Train Set, but I boiught it on Amazon.co.uk, back in 2012, for little over £40.00, in a Summer Sale. A brand new and boxed Train Set for that money and for what it contained was a vry good bargain, which Amazon.co.uk are good at providing every-so-often, so a trip to their website is not a bad thing!  😆

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

• 1 year later...

I have the following locos So Far:

R351: 1985 Hornby Thomas (2x, One Running Loco with the RWS Styled Face, The Other One, which is a Spare with the Clown Like Face)

R383: 2006 Gordon

R852: 2005/6 or 7 James

R350: 2004 Percy

R9067: 2003 'Arry

And I also have a Custom Hornby Lima Diesel.

Moderator’s Note - you may wish to amend your username to include spaces between the words then it will present better on the page like those usernames posted above.

New Lad,

I have just approved your image post above. Given your comment about error messages. I have looked at the properties of the image successfully uploaded. The properties show the file size as 14MB. The original image data is also shown to be 4,000 x 3,000 pixels which is a very large HD image.

If the other two were similar, then the combined file size of all three images could be the reason for the error. I suggest that images are modified at source before uploading to the forum to much smaller sizes via any suitable image editing software you have access to, and try and keep them to less than 3MB each.

forum_image_6058ffd6c1f1e.png.887f71ec02dc464411ef41ba94b7666d.png

Since your 14MB image posted OK, then if there is a size limit [for a single posted image] then it must be quite high [actual value unknown]. Multiple images are supported - see my comment below.

I have uploaded several images at a time in one post without issue. I just make sure that all my posted images have small MB sizes as discussed in my last reply.

Just as an example. I ran your 14Mb image through my image software and reposted it below. The image below is only 240KB.

forum_image_6059044962344.thumb.png.e4b6af13266f1de0651bd40910cc18ae.png

As you can see reducing it from 14Mb to 240KB hardly makes a significant difference.

Assuming you are using a Windows PC.

Then Windows includes a 'snipping tool' [tool for capturing selections of screen display].

In the bottom left search box type "snip" and the 'snipping tool' will appear in the search results.

Basically, get the image you want to post visible on screen in whatever application you want to use. Then use the 'view' tools of that application to display the image in a smaller physical size.

Then use the 'snipping tool' to select around the image and copy it to your Windows clipboard.

Then use 'paste' to position the reduced image from the clipboard into your post.

That is basically how I produced your 240K version of your image. The only difference is that I used a different [preferred] third party screen capture utility to Windows inbuilt 'snipping tool', but the Windows one does the same.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Mallard [Toby Webster], please note that in forum etiquette using ALL capitals is considered shouting and is frowned upon. In a long string of text, all capitals can be harder to read easily. Capatialised lower case such as my text in this reply is much preferred.

Note that your other post relating to locos not working has been moved to the 'General Discussion' forum as it was not specifically Thomas related. It has also been converted to lower case as part of the move.