Introducing the Hornby 2020 Range and Stephenson's Rocket

JeremiahBunyan

Hi

Great to see the photo' update on the APT-P models.

Just two questions which of the NDM powercars are going to be 'powered' (ie have a motor) in the model (49001 49002 49003 and 49004) ?

And which DTSs are going to have Black cab window surrounds or Full Yellow.

Rob

Interesting to see the original Triang Rocket and the 2020 model side by side. Something that hasn't been widely discussed was that the original had a smoke unit in the chimney but the new one doesn't smoke so the chimney can be modelled to scale. It does look extremely nice, and I am looking forward to receiving mine.

I'm interested that Hornby appear to have been measuring up an LMS Inspection Saloon, unless I'm mistaken.  Obviously don't know when this was taken, but as Bachmann have one in their range, you'd have to assume it's not recent maybe?  All of the other items in the photo montage made it to the 2020 range, so wonder why they've included that image?  Or a mid-year announcement maybe....!

Hi

Great to see the photo' update on the APT-P models.

Just two questions which of the NDM powercars are going to be 'powered' (ie have a motor) in the model (49001 49002 49003 and 49004) ?

And which DTSs are going to have Black cab window surrounds or Full Yellow.

Rob

All the NDMs will be powered. The 5-car APT pack has full yellow ends. The 7-car APT pack has the yellow end with the black window surround/mask.

All the NDMs will be powered. The 5-car APT pack has full yellow ends. The 7-car APT pack has the yellow end with the black window surround/mask.

Oh, that's a bit disappointing from my perspective. I had hoped to get a matching pair (with the black window surrounds, as that's how I remember them from when I was a boy).

I do still have my original 1980s Hornby set (with the black window surrounds) but I am guessing the new models will look much better, given the detail modern Hornby models have, and they obviously have the greater variety of coaches available.

I'm interested that Hornby appear to have been measuring up an LMS Inspection Saloon, unless I'm mistaken.  Obviously don't know when this was taken, but as Bachmann have one in their range, you'd have to assume it's not recent maybe?  All of the other items in the photo montage made it to the 2020 range, so wonder why they've included that image?  Or a mid-year announcement maybe....!

I suspect this was being done to capture LMS carriage design features to model the LMS Coronation stock rather than the Inspection carriage itself. So far as I know none of the original carriages survive so they will be working off official drawings and photoigraphs. Some of the details may need checking against the real thing.

• 1 year later...