HUGO from Thomas the tank

96RAF

Wondered if anyone might be interested in doing similar to create a Hugo train.  I bought a diesel off ebay for about £15.00 but it arrived with the motor end broken. The guy offered a refund but the motor was A1 so I kept it and then dreampt up this idea./media/tinymce_upload/0cfd35d730707b0d036abd027e4489e2.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/9b1be2c8c9a8105cd4c2d2102afc514c.JPG

This is what Hugo looks like, from the Thomas & Friends CGI animated TV series, so anybody can compare these images to AndyThomas' custom model, if they like.

/media/tinymce_upload/6cbc7f724d189c3e2d0788d73443e417.png

/media/tinymce_upload/1103b823ef63eb52b8e6038e840ff330.png

/media/tinymce_upload/196c4039d613da773cc9580b72675f73.png

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

Hiya

Does the fan actually work or is it therte just for looks???

Well it sort of works. It does spin but although the train is running really well and fast there is not quite enough speed to get the fan turning.  We blow on it as it goes past evey now and again.  I may take another look at it but it spins very freely through the axis.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately there was not enough room for a fan motor but it was thought of at the time of building.  It wasnt a project with any plans to follow it was created as it was worked on with a lot of trial, error ( AND BODYFILLER). I ran out of time in the end as grandson was coming for xmas in 2018 so the finish isnt as good as it could of been but coincidentally the images posted online by someone else were the only ones we could find to work too so it isnt as good as it could have been but it isnt that bad either. The price of Thomas train faces is pretty horendous as well so the face isnt as big as it should be.    It didnt help buying a small Hugo model for reference as the model is a lot shorter than it should be.  All good fun anyway and painted in Ford Sapphire blue.  My current project is a 1960,s paolo soprani button accordion.

Why don’t you put a little motor in the back just to power the fan - you can find them in cheap r/c stunt cars in pound shops.

Andy - you made the classic mistake of pressing the blue button so your reply is quoted and my original comment is lost in the box.

Far better just to copy and paste anything you want to refer to and highlight it with the 66 (quotes) icon in the reply box like this.

Then double click to drop a line, press the 66 icon again to get out of the quote box and write your own reply. have a little play with that - you will soon get the hang of it.

• 2 weeks later...