Railmaster pro activation

Did you get the key from an online buy within RM or was it in a DVD RM purchase.

It may be if the latter it had already been registered and hence not valid to transfer to another user.

If bought from within RM have you entered it exactly per the email - i.e copy and paste rather than hand type it in.

Hi Malcolm

I don't know where you are entering your code but back in 2014 when I upgraded I had to use the Settings Window (icon top left of main RailMaster screen)

In that Settings Window, click on the Loco Detection Tab and enter your code in the Pro pack field near the bottom, then press the key icon.

It worked for me and a few others at the time if I remember correctly.  Might be different now of course but worth a try if you have not been entering the code here.

The place to enter the code is still the same on the loco detection page, press the key and a few seconds later the box pops up to say its downloaded incorrectl, I haven't seen any where else it could be entered And that is where it says to enter it. Laugh is now when I open the program I get a pop up saying I seem to be using the program a lot I should consider buying the pro version.

Oh Ok.  That is what I thought but I get the impression from reading some of the 'problem posts' that sometimes a window popped up asking for the code.

The other problems some people had were related to a firewall or anti virus software.

I have been into firewall and virus protection to allow in both, I have even turned both off completely including the firewall on the router, I did a factory reset on the router as it mentions setting in there get changed to block things all to no avail, it will be something simple I am missing or something they have done, I wondered if they may have got a digit wrong when they sent the code to me, will just have to wait and see. Only posted on here in case there was an off chance someone else had experienced the same problem. Thanks for your advice anyway guys.

Don't forget as a last resort you can use the inbuilt help system to ask HRMS (Hornby RailMaster Support) to remotely log on to your PC and activate the key manually for you. They have done this for others.

The enter Pro code is on the main Settings screen but on the loco detection tab...

/media/tinymce_upload/a529556b3360f253b01f5a8ad62b6a5c.JPG

Once accepted it will show from the Help icon here

/media/tinymce_upload/29ee4447b3a896dc7ddb08c73977140e.JPG

I get the same message when trying to activate my key.  "Key was not downloaded correctly". I have a new laptop so downloaded the evaluation software yesterday and tried to activate.

I was going to contact support today and see what they say.

Have you deactivated the key on the old PC/Laptop first, activation won't work if you don't.

See Page 131 / 132 of the RailMaster manual relating to transferring RM from old to new PC/Laptop.

Same for both the main RM key as well as the PRO add-on key (there are two keys). You say you have downloaded the 'evaluation' copy of RM and tried to activate. This infers that your issue is with the main RM application key. This particular thread is about the PRO add-on key. If your query is not about PRO, then this is the wrong thread to post in.

I did deactivate the old one,  but the last time i changed laptops something went wrong with that process and Suppport had to reset it for me. I have just been looking back over those old emails.

I've emailed support so will see what they come back with. 

As in the pictures under the loco detection tab is the only place I have found to enter the key, I have used the help function and am waiting for them to get back to me, everything else works fine on the program, just the pro activation doesn't work. They didn't have any trouble taking the money, so it isn't all wrong lol

• 3 years later...

I have a similar issue, upgraded to Pro Pack but when I enter the key RM sent me, I get a message stating it’s invalid. I’ve tried copy/paste from the email, manually typing it in with spaces, without spaces etc etc but keep getting the same message. Ended up taking several screen shots and emailed them to RM support, but haven’t had a reply yet.

I was able to activate the normal copy of RM that came with the e-link and RM is allowed in my firewall etc.

if you get sorted will you let us all know here.