ashamed of, & embarrassed by your failures Airfix?

Ratch

Are you sure this is a common and recurring problem or was it just a one off?

I can't speak for Airfix as a whole or an entity - I do not work for them - whilst I can see criticism is never plesant, if it's constructive it can be useful. Only in this way can things ever improve.

Because your review was removed doesn't mean to say they didn't take any notice of it and at the end of the day it's their website so they're at liberty to exercise whatever editorial control they wish. I would suggest you post your review on independent pages or forums if you want it to gain a wider audience.

Airfix obviously does not want the public posting ACCURATE reviews of their failures when it comes to their product.

They "rejected" my review of their new 1/72 Me.262B kit:

Yet another disappointment from Airfix. They had the chance to give us a winner, instead we were given an overpriced, flawed flounder.

The heavy panel lines aside, Airfix ignored the triangular shaped cooling vents on the rear of the engine pods. How could you people miss that??? Good grief, every other manufacturer got it right - why can't Airfix?

For what you are retailing this kit at, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

At least correct this error.

Shame on you Airfix, get out of the industry if you can't take criticism for your failures.

In this day and age, the problems your people allow to slip through on new kits are unacceptable - canopies with flow flaws running throught them, obvious and important details omitted, obvious errors (God, take a look at that ridiculous thing you call a Bf.109G-6).

You can get points for offering new toolings, but you don't get a pass when you screw up royaly - we aren't talking about niggley little things.  Worse yet, when you "reject" honest reviews of your product on your website.  Tsk, tsk Airfix.

What cooling vents? I don't see any cooling vents on the real plane. Same price as other twin engined aircraft!

They are not required to post rivet counting reviews that don't bring up meaningful points. Have you even built it! The surface detail slightly deeper than on other companies but it is not matchbox level trenches. besides, the bf109 g6 is pretty accuate outline wise, and sure it lacks a bt of detail but it is not unbuildable! 

• 4 weeks later...

At the risk of pouring fuel on the fire, I suspect that your review was rejected becuase it was emotive and more about Airfix than the product.

I have previosly given a one star review on a product and had it posted on the website.  It was the Airfix Engineer Jet Engine.  The review was scathing.  It mentioned what was poor (which was considerable) but also what was good (which was limited).

I am finding this hobby to be really rewarding but I also realise that it can very frustrating.  Finding a problem mid-build or near the end can cause real anger.  My attempt at Airfix's 1:72 TSR2 would be a classic example of that, when I discovered what a poor fit the engine intakes were.  It is a good job that the product was no longer listed because the review would have been brutal!

If you follow the guidance above, repost and it is still rejected then I would be truly disappointed in Airfix. 

At the risk of pouring fuel on the fire, I suspect that your review was rejected becuase it was emotive and more about Airfix than the product.

The OP made one post and has not responded to any of the replies here in nearly a month. I'd suggest he feels the better for having posted his 'review' here. Time to move on I think.

The OP made one post and has not responded to any of the replies here in nearly a month. I'd suggest he feels the better for having posted his 'review' here. Time to move on I think.

Agreed.