arc 1 powerbase

Hi,

A friend has recently bought an arc one powerbase, they have added two apps, but both of them do not seem to work. The first kept telling them no bluetooth connection, even though the powerpack was green, and the 2nd wouldn't give any tracks under the "arc one" selection./media/tinymce_upload/417957f7878a9f98d55b5f79b83c9dc5.jpg

Can someone tell me if I have downloaded the correct app?   Or is there something else that I am doing?  Or where can I do to get a solution?   

Thank you to anyone who reads this and many thanks to anyone who takes the time to help.

Kind regards, Silvio

Did you check the arc app compatabiity at the top of topic list in yellow.

However one official scaly app, probably the original legend version , allows you to use it , but you are looking for tracks, why ?

Believe if they are asking for your track design, it is nonsense to calculate scale mph and anything can be picked and then ignored. 

You can use the app for  timing and lap counting and other stuff that tend to skip here.

Do know the the current one keeps being updated and can be a problem at times here.

And there is a user made one called magic that some like too.

The arc one is the simplest arc , which also own, and you might what to check out manual at slotracer.online (and somewhere on slot forum) about functions it can run.

If you can ignore the flashing light, add a used analog lapcounter/timer and skip the app.

Looks like an Android device.

Check compatibility: https://www.scalextric.com/uk-en/forum/arc-app-device-compatibility/?p=1

You have downloaded both the current and the legacy App. Both should work fine.

Android users have reported problems when things like battery save mode are turned on. I don't see a bluetooth symbol on the screenshot so I am not sure you actually have bluetooth turned on.

Also do not have the app runing on two devices in close proximity at the same time.

Once you haev checkd all of the that, make sure the app is completely closed on the device. Turn off the powerbase (wait for the light to extinguish), turn on the powerbase and then the app and it should work fine.

Choose any set that you like. As gorp says it doesn't really make a lot of difference.

I have had an Arc One for a few years now and never had any problems, I was using a samsung at first but now run it on an old iPad Mini (gen one) and Iphone X+ never any issues.........

Unitl I bought a second unit for my brother in law, its second hand and is not working properly, can we update the firmware on the unit some how ?

There is no firmware update for ARC ONE  (yet).

What is exactly is the problem?

In general, first make sure the APP is installed properly and working correctly.

Since yours works simply use your device to try to connect to his powerbase.

If that is OK then double check that the track is OK. Make a simple oval with as few pieces as possible and see if there is a problem with a piece of track.

Until you tell us what exactly the problem is though we can't go much further than that at this moment.

Let us know. :-)

There is no firmware update for ARC ONE  (yet).

What is exactly is the problem?

In general, first make sure the APP is installed properly and working correctly.

Since yours works simply use your device to try to connect to his powerbase.

If that is OK then double check that the track is OK. Make a simple oval with as few pieces as possible and see if there is a problem with a piece of track.

Until you tell us what exactly the problem is though we can't go much further than that at this moment.

Let us know. :-)

Ahhhha ! Ihave noticed...... lets say for example if I am in lane 2, that it registers the initial start off then the opposite lane will register the full lap but not lane two, could it be that its been modded to cope with a cross over track peice, so it starts in lane 2 and the first completed lap will register on lane 1 ?

JK