Analogue mode C7042 APB - only one lane working

Euphman

Hi, 

I use the C7042 APB on my digital scalextric track which works fine in digital mode. However, when I change to analogue mode to race two of my older cars only the one lane nearest the powerbase unit (lane 1) works.

Both APB transformers work and are plugged into the powerbase and the two hand controllers are plugged into the first two sockets on the left hand side. I have three straight digital crossovers in the circuit and no curved digital crossovers.

Could it be something to do with hand controller ID pairing? 

Any advice on how to correct this issue so both lanes work would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

Just curious, does the bad analog lane run in opposite direction ?

Do both old cars work on good analog lane ?

Did both analog lanes work before ?

Sorry ,can not remember any more if you have to pair the wired controllers of the advanced to the id like you must do with the wireless  controllers of arc pro.

The lane that is unresponsive does not work in either direction whereas an analogue car can go both left and right in the first lane.

All of my unchipped cars seem to work okay in lane 1.

I have only recently set up my Scalextric again with the APB after a long time but do not remember having any problems previously. 

NO analog car will run both ways on analog (it will back up),  unless you switch the direction, when the advanced powerbase is set on analog.

ONLY digital cars will run both directions on digital and analog.

You have said digital works fine on both lanes, so controllers are ok.

Do you have 2 solid lanes around the track with no single lanes or no nondigital crossovers ?

(Straight and curved digital crossovers are called changers.)

Have you done any mods to track or powerbase ?

Does the digital side of advanced still work great for both lanes ?

And if still a problem , pull advanced out of track and run digital and analog test just on it.

BTW only time have seen analog run both ways without switching something was when developed glad track, which chipped each lane for analog , back before the advanced was released.

Otherwise analog only runs 1 direction and backs up when reversed.

Sorry, I was not clear what I meant about the working lane. I can run an analogue car in lane 1 either clockwise or anti-clockwise by switching the direction (GEAR) mode, so working fine. I get nothing for lane 2.

I have 2 solid lanes around the circuit - no single lanes and no non-digital crossovers. The only crossovers I have are straight digital crossovers.

The digital side of my APB works fine for all settings. I have not done any mods to the track or the powerbase. 

----

I have just tested the APB with only one piece of straight track each side in analogue mode and I am still having the same problem. I have two working transformers and run the tests initially with each one on their own in both sockets switching between lane 1 and 2 each time, then both transformers together. Lane 1 works fine every time but lane 2 will just not work!

Sorry , do not know what to tell you.

Remember about reading at slot forum, digital, scaly about failures of some but not all controller ports of the advanced powerbase.

You should check there for advice about possible repairs.

So choices appear to be:

repair it

use it as digital only and add if required , separate analog powerbase to swap in

replace it with another advanced or move to arc pro

Thanks for your help. I will look into a possible repair of my APB once we are out of lockdown and things get back to normal.

Fortunately I still have a C8217 that I can swap in. Can you confirm that I also need to change my straight digital crossovers when using a standard, analogue powerbase? 

You do NOT have to remove straight dual changers to run analog, each lane is isolated.

If analog car accidently changes lanes , just run a digitial car around in reverse to clear changer.

Believe 8217 is best scaly analog power base using 2 powerpacks, but just pop in battery power lap counter too. (lap counter does not have to be removed for running digital side of arc pro.)