elite won't programme decoder

mickmax

2e0dtoeric said:

I may be totally wrong on this, as my railway is still under construction, and I haven't powered up my Elite yet, so hopefully someone will jump in and put us all right - but doesn't the Elite require a four digit code to

re-programme a chip - ie zero zero zero four?

The elite will display four zeros initialy,and automaticaly "move along" as you enter numbers,so that four digits are always displayed, therefore I don't see any problem.

• 11 years later...

I think @Vetran is actually asking for help with programming their loco! Possibly they have an Elite & simply picked an existing thread that looked related?

@Vetran on this forum it is advisable to start your own thread if seeking help & only add to existing ones if you are offering advice or merely commenting on previous posts. 😀

It’s very rare that anyone who jumps on the end of old threads actually has the same problem as was discussed initially.

In this instance, the OP is having problems programming 8215s with an Elite at its firmware revision 1.4 when current is 1.45. 1.45 is a very different beast to 1.4. And the Heljan/ROS decoder will certainly not be an 8215.

Vetran, standard advice is to first reset the decoder by writing 8 to CV8 then try writing the address you want again. Tell us how you go.

If you still have problems after trying this, we will need to know the firmware version of your Elite and the make and model of decoder in the loco to give you more assistance.