Formula one Renault - Williams

Hello everyone, trying to get into the hobby coming from HO trains and R/C. Im currently looking at buying at what looks to be an excellent condition formula one sports set (Renault vs Williams) so i'd like to have some input. Tried to do some research before posting here but no much available on the internet for this particular set, can only assume it's old. i know that ideally, a digital set would be the way to go but having this set available, i want to think it'd be good for me to see whether i like it or not. i can see the set comes with a nice looking track (x4) and a lap timer. Also found on the little i saw on my research that the F1 cars are really fragile (broken wings front and back). I would probably get my self some more cars later on.

Any input is greatly apprecited!

Sets have names and numbers.

So if neither provided you get general info.

Used track is most likely the current sport and not classic

Analog powerbase that can use 2 powerpacks ( 1 per lane), are better than any other.

Battery powered lapcounters are better than mechanical.

F1s are fast and fragile but come with standard motor , axle and gears.

(Vintage f1s are very fast and very fragile with smaller faster motor, and smaller axles and gears.)

They come with long wheelbase thus tighter corners can be difficult.

Modern F1s can be converted to digital with soldered in chipon older ones or with dpr with current models..

People seem to buy sets based on car styles they like, but toys are not equal.

Personally have picked up used sets , when  already knew how toy will perform and knew which sets to avoid.

If you like open wheel, suggest indy dallara over f1s because they are stronger and handle much better and 2 sets can be found.

(Sold off all scaly modern f1s and run indys instead,  that have  digitalized.)