Racing truck prob;em

Hi, Thaks for the opportunity to join and comment.

I have a problem which I can't understand.

I have purchased a number of racing trucks, but none of them will move forward. When I accelerate, they only shudder, but the wheels are turning fine. All other cars work fine??

Any help would be appreciated.

regards Hanshi

Better release the emergency brake.

Or the tires are old and dried out , thus no traction and  need replacing.

If the trucks are non scaly they may have a thicker guide than the slot can handle so guide needs replacing.

You have plastic underneath keeping tires off of track.

Sounds like the motors have popped out of their holders and/or the gears are chewed.

Open them up and check that everything is moving freely add a drop of oil.

I will give it a look and get back yo you. Thank you for the reply. I don't think the gears are chewed however, as when I hold the front of the truck on to the track the wheels do spin madly. If I could relate it to a motor vehicle, it is as if I am pressing the accelerator whilst hold my foot on the break

Sounds like the motors have popped out of their holders and/or the gears are chewed.

Open them up and check that everything is moving freely add a drop of oil.

I will give it a look and get back yo you. Thank you for the reply. I don't think the gears are chewed however, as when I hold the front of the truck on to the track the wheels do spin madly. If I could relate it to a motor vehicle, it is as if I am pressing the accelerator whilst hold my foot on the break

Checked the gears, no apparent problem. The 2 trucks giving the 'non movement' have double yellow gears. When put on the track all wheels turn well but no forward movement. I will add a drop of oil, but everything is really moving freely?

Also the side car bikes are doing the same thing ?????

Hi Andy P and Gorp,

I really am a scalextric newbie, and boy how it shows.

Using your combined ifo, I think I may have solved the problem.

I was thinking about the "hand brake" comment, and how it could apply here.

I swapped tyres from one of the older vehicles, just for a test..... and guess what ..... the truck moved forward.

Although the tyres I swapped over, are also from an older vehicle, they made a vast improvement, so now I will need to buy a number of tyres.

Thanks for the help, I will keep you posted on the outcome.

I will search ebay for some tyres ??

regards,

Hanshi