Aldi Airfix.

Rocket Ron.

This year I have seen the Spitfire, Hurricane, Bf-109E, FW-190, Jet Provost (Red Pelicans) and Mary Rose. Apart from the Mary Rose these are recent toolings.

I have not seen the Gnat (Yellowjacks) or P-40 (112 Sqdrn Desert air Force) this year. The Willys Jeep has also appeared in the past.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

The choice is pretty limited compared to the offering earlier this year. Furthermore, most have been in the offer before.

That's disappointing for me but, at the end of the day, they are aimed at getting newcomers into modelling, not people like me who'll be posting here.

I'm also relaxed about any money saving, as my paying more from Airfix is their gain, a zero sum game where any effort on my part to go to Aldi is a loss (it's a 7 mile drive each way to my nearest, although it could be an excuse to get my cycle out for exercise).

I'm more interested in any Quick-Build models as that will tempt me to buy some for my step-grandson. I can't see any listed in my internet searches and he's got so many toys at home that it'll be a build-and-forget exercise leaving me with a storage issue. I'd like to introduce him to the starter kits but he's got ADHD and I think it's still too early; that said, at the Aldi price what's to lose, apart from my wife's ire over paint spilled on her table?