Controllers

I have some commercial raceway style controllers (Difalco, Parma Turbo). I was wondering if and how they could be adapted to a Scalextric analog track. I bought a set with an Arc One power supply.

Also, what is the resistance of the controllers that came with the Arc One set?

Thanks.

Thanks, found by typing brake mod in search forum on this page at upper right,  then by content on right and click.

Perhaps a my quick read is wrong, but it sounded like connectng another kind of powerbase through a modified arc one,  just to use the ones app.

Thanks for the reply, Andy. However, I'm apparently missing the part that's relevent to my question. My concern is with the amount of resistance involved. The Parma Turbos have a resistance of <1 ohm. Are the controllers (throttles?) that come with Scalextric sets the same?

You kind of asked two questions. The statement "I was wondering" and the one about the resistance.

Whether you can make a commercial track with other controllers is answered more or less by the "brake mod".

My point was you can use ARC ONE with any controller or "powerbase"  or power supply with it so ARC ONE counts laps and does pitstops.

So you can just use Parma controllers and not worry about what ARC ONE controllers have...

I highly doubt the ARC ONE controllers have anything like the Parma. Scalextric controllers of recent past have fairly high resistance. Any standard Ohm Meter will tell you for sure.

In fact, I have seen commercial tracks use ARC ONE for lap counting and pit stops and other controllers.