Can you trust Catalogue listings info?

Dav2

Hi,

As the title suggest it's rather confusing when buying cars, and possibly other items too. As the official website for your products you would think you would list all relevant information on a product. But you don't. It's misleading and then makes me doubt about other purchases if the information is correct or not. How am I supposed to buy the correct product?

For an example:

https://uk.scalextric.com/products/mclaren-f1-gtr-lemans-1995-bba-competition-c4159

This listing appears fine. Showing all the Tech Specs. DPR, Lights, High Detail etc.

Now take a look at this:

https://uk.scalextric.com/products/btcc-anniversary-special-edition-ford-sierra-rs500-robb-gravett-c3781se?

Well, at least it tells me it's DPR.

No mention if it has working lights or not. You would auto assume that it doesn't if the information is to be trusted. However taking a look at the image and box of the car. You can see the logo's for front lights, xenon effect, rear lights and so on.

So, is the image correct or the Tech Specs?

This made things more frustrating as I looked for a Formula E style car to work with my ARC PRO setup. But can I trust the listing. It appears the 2 on sale are analogue cars. That's a shame.

Something for the webmaster to look at I'm sure. All the correct info should be available for every product. It really doesn't make the company look a bit amateurish.

The website only went back on a few weeks ago and there are going to be problems here and there. Using the "Contact Us" below to highlight problems can help.

Regarding the Formula E cars: the real cars are very wide so there might be space for a DPR chip but given the LED has to be within 1 cm of the guide blade I would think it might not be DPR but there would be space for a retro chip.

I understand mistakes can be made. But I only posted 1 example, more are available. Remember not all of us are completely obsessed with slot cars and are members of x forum or x site. This is THE OFFICIAL scalextric site. The info should be correct. Do they want people to buy their products? And having made websites myself, this being a new website doesn't cover amateur lazy work. Especially weeks of it. It's not a complicated site either. If you're going through the trouble of uploading a product, surely you'd put the correct info up with it? Is their no pride in peoples work anymore?

Anyway, this wasn't intended as a rant. I just hate seeing things poorly implemented especially as someone looking to buy. Puts you off.

I totally get it. Believe me. I also find it, put lightly, not acceptable.... (I am not a Hornby employee... just a volunteer)

Scalextric is not the largest part of Hornby so any feedback as to what your expectations are should be communicated to them...