Hornby R1271M iTraveller 6000 starter train set

Foden 4400

Hi,

I can’t find out what track comes with iTraveller 6000 starter train set. Can any one help please ?

I have a preorder in for this set and have in mind a track plan, but would like to know in advance what track it comes with, so I can work out what extra track to purchase.

Thanks

Tim

On the box it says comes with 'Oval of track with siding'. Assuming that this is the standard configuration of track that has been supplied with sets for years. Then the oval of track will be based upon 3rd radius curves.

Go to the second sticky post down at the top of the 'General Discussion' forum and download my 'Getting Started' PDF. Look at Fig 1 on Page 3 right hand side of the image and for full track details look at Fig 3 on Page 5. These Figs will answer your question.

Tim,

The information in the last two posts above. Provides the same information included in my 'Getting Started' PDF I advised you to download and read in my original reply.

Just be aware that the set comes with one HM6000 module which will drive two separate track loops or sidings.

If you plan to extend the layout to add more loops and sidings, a turntable and point motors or signals then you will need more HM6000 modules and also HM6010 modules and extra power supplies. Typically as below for the full Track-mat plan.

forum_image_6055bff2e9e9c.thumb.png.bdbbc5909302c5f3c5a94d0651d83312.png

Hi There

Will I need to use insulated fish plates / rail joiners between track points A & C?

Or if I used normal rail joiner how would the the HM6000 cope with running a loco from the inner loop to the outer loop with the power ‘switched on’ on both loops??

Thanks

Tim

If you blow up the illustration I posted earlier you will see the location of the insulated fishplates by the nipped in section between points. As indicated in the legend table.

Transferring loop to loop is as simple as matching speed and direction and moving from one control slider to the other.

This screen grab from the test app may not be exactly the same on the final app.

forum_image_6055efd16a6d0.thumb.png.7111ab68a616ad46de8a24bbd8c1373d.png

If you use normal rail joiners then as soon as you mismatch speeds or swap direction the app will throw up a fault and cut power. You would be continuously fighting one control channel against the other and could damage the module.

The same error trip thing happens with insulated joiners, but is more easily correctable usually by swapping direction. You then need to correct the error and hit Go again.

And just for crystal clarity. Here is a modified version of Rob's image with the IRJ locations highlighted in blue boxes as the original yellow is rather faint to see.

forum_image_6055f54d15f5f.thumb.png.402c5560d186e0cceb5826e701728929.png

The sharp eyed among you may notice that the siding leading from the inner loop to the TT and head-shunt doesn't have a power supply. This could be provided by way of a slide in power clip in the curve and another HM6000 module channel.

Up to 4 HM6000 modules are supported enabling 8 separate track areas to be controlled (loops or sidings).

You may also notice the need for 3 HM6010 modules to service 7 point motors, 4 signal lamps and a TT drive (the maximum supported 12 ports in total).

Thanks for all the information, it’s very helpful.

I can order some track now and will know how to wire it.

I don’t mind waiting for my iTraveller set as I want the app and the HM 6000 to be fully tested before it’s released.

I had one of the first Zero 1’s many years ago, it was ahead of its time, but I had lots of problems with it and it put me off model railways. ......

But I am back now and looking forward to getting in to the hobby again

Thanks

Tim

• 1 month later...

iTraveller 6000 set arrived today, I can confirm it comes with 3rd radius track.

Very simple to pair with my phone, I have 2 locos running on a twin oval - lots more control features than conventional DC and sounds as well !!

Having lots of fun.

Thanks.

Tim.