Jouef Loisirs CC72000 - product pictures

Tim M

Good Morning,

I've just been admiring the Production Sample of the first 'Jouef Loisirs' loco. These were developed from an idea we had back in 2018 to bring to the market a range of models which are newly tooled, with good engineering, fine moulded detailing and highly detailed paint and print finish.

The key difference to our normal range being the price - within the new products for each of our main markets, the model would offer excellent value for the level of finish you were purchasing.

The first models announced were:

Jouef CC72000 Diesel

Lima D445 Diesel

Electrotren 596 Diesel railcar

Rivarossi ICE 1 High Speed train

Announced in 2020, the first models are now on their way to us and shipping shortly.

The Jouef model has a central motor, flywheels and drive to both bogies. DCC Ready and separately applied details.

HJ2600 Jouef Loisirs SNCF, CC 72023, Ep. IV with number plates

HJ2601 Jouef Loisirs SNCF, CC 72074, Ep. V “en voyage”

HJ2602 Jouef Loisirs SNCF, CC 72067 “FRET”

Each are £125 or €145

Here are some photos to tempt you.

forum_image_6076ae46d5cb0.png.e76d92d5db7276157590b8c1e8c31021.png

forum_image_6076ae48cec31.png.c1731ddfd99f283994ebaa2b5fb1e682.png

forum_image_6076ae4aa99e7.png.e1c097bceccae2bcb83d1768b7ab9ed0.png

forum_image_6076ae4c957eb.png.0aa2e9aea9d80d8cfeec058aa44ff4f0.png

forum_image_6076ae4e8091b.png.bd4f30b1dd9fc94671211e2475d17435.png

forum_image_6076ae50583b7.png.bab3d46975500d7b12a6fc01f450b5f9.png

forum_image_6076ae5256335.png.aeab9ed6c082d67d4a461d187ab8c372.png

HJ26xx :: Hornby Hobbies

If you like these kind of post, I can do the same with the Lima Expert D445

Tim

@Tim

Although I do not model Continental I do find them very interesting and would welcome a blog type post where you explain more behind the scenes activity about the various ranges.

There is something about Continental stock that I admire, maybe its just because they are different to what we are used to seeing on Domestic rails.

I would love to have some continental stock to add to my layout. (how to move from South Yorkshire to the South of France without leaving home). Although this is not my era, I would like to see more of these models. The ICE would an be interesting look see, have to admit, I could be tempted on that one.

The 72000 Jouef Loisirs " En Voyage " looks good although I gather in France that livery is not popular - although I have three of these beasts ( a Jouef limited edition for Philibert of Strasbourg of the blue/silver CC72006, and two blues one early Jouef CC 72001 and the other the later reissue with central motor CC 72080 ) it would be nice to have a Fret version at that value price.

Smudge - if you are interested in the DB ICE - Mehano make a nice version

you can usually pick up a used 8 car version from ebay. I have one and it runs very well with operating pantos and LED reversing lights. They also

make a four car train set version but this has plastic pantos and

no lights but does use the same body mouldings and motor. It also

has a plug in facility for a decoder if you are of that mind.

@Tim

The CC72000 certainly look the part and the technical spec looks good for the price with 21 pin, lights and AWD. I am looking forward to the Renfe 596 arriving at the end of the year and have mine pre-ordered.

The branding does seem a little confusing on these models though: The 3 Jouef diesels are branded as Loisirs in the catalogues* and on the boxes as you show above, but I don't see any mention of this on the Jouef website - English or French. Likewise, the Renfe 596 (and S-114) are shown as Hobby on the Club Electrotren new items 2020 and 2021 but not on the website in either English or Spanish. I cannot see if the Lima D445 and the Rivarossi (Lima?) ICE 1 are branded as Hobby in English or the Italian or German native equivalent as done with Loisirs and Jouef although I have seen both the D445 and Lima ICE 1 described as Expert by online retailers.

Why didn't you just extend the Railroad sub-brand to Hornby Int'l?

(*I only have the 2019 Winter catalogue for reference.)

I just happen to be re-reading a 1972 Railway Magazine which includes a 2-page spread of photographs recording the last running of the southbound Golden Arrow. SNCF 72036 is at the head of the connecting train at Calais Maritime (noted as only formerly known as the Fleche d'Or) and an impressive machine it looks; a stark juxtaposition of then current French loco design with BR's rather nondescript E5013 shown arriving at Dover Marine. I seem to remember the design of the locos and their electric counterparts caused even a few French eyebrows to be raised when first seen.

I agree with elloco that there should be a consistent sub - brand across all

the International ranges -" Railroad " perhaps a good idea as it would cover

differences in language - the present arrangement for "value" models only serves to complicate.

• 4 months later...

Hello Tim.

I personally regret the lack of detailing that would make the difference. For instance the handrails and windscreen wipers should be separately applied.

I appreciate the close coupling.

In 2011 I did acquire a HJ CC 72000 released in a limited series at a very attractive price. I think it was the good example to be repeated (tooling amortized for long).

The target is good but my thought is that you are missing it. Either it is too expensive (see Piko Hobby brand as a reference) or it is not detailed enough (see REE Access brand as a reference).

Apologies Tim for semi-hijacking your thread, but my reply talks to the fragility/robustness if International Brand models.

I am fortunate to have gotten hold of a couple of Electrotrens diesel/electric locos and the detail is amazing, but terribly fragile. Fortunately the model came with a bag of spares for all these delicate parts so I did spend a hour or so replacing such things as rear view mirrors which are the most susceptible to breakage.

A more robust range would better suit my handling skills.

forum_image_61273bc1ec3df.png.e11c7761305d3a28f3ed3dbbc179187c.png

forum_image_61273b13bd329.png.5a003f34f3c74be88f8c85923f4eb631.png