Help required to find replacement parts HMS VICTORY 11999

michael-1212706

Hi All, I have recently purchased an AIRFIX MODEL KIT 1199 from a second hand store for my son, The kit is HMS VICTORY 1:100 scale 200 year Anniversary of the battle of Trafalgar, while most of the kit is in the box it is missing the following and I am hoping someone out there has got the items or can tell me where I can get them. the following are what I am looking for:

The Build Instruction Book

The Sails

The Decals

Thanks

Hi All, I have recently purchased an AIRFIX MODEL KIT 1199 from a second hand store for my son, The kit is HMS VICTORY 1:100 scale 200 year Anniversary of the battle of Trafalgar, while most of the kit is in the box it is missing the following and I am hoping someone out there has got the items or can tell me where I can get them. the following are what I am looking for:

The Build Instruction Book
The Sails
The Decals
Thanks

Hi Michael, I'm just waiting for our development manager to come back from a bit of annual leave and then we're going to see if we can help in any way!

• 1 month later...

Hi Michael,

I built this kit many years ago in 'harbour-rig' (without sails) and put the surplus away in the attic. I still have the sheet of sails! But sadly it seems to have got crushed over time and, two of the sails are beyond repair. - If you know about sails. One is the fore-topsail and the other is the main-topsail. (The mainsail and fore sail are moulded as furled). Topsails are located just above these on the masts. All the other sails are intact. Fore and Main topgallants, two jib-sails and the spanker, all uncut from the sheet. There is a set of signal flags and, two indentical sets of ensign flags. I presume these are what you meant by decals. I don't mind posting these to you if you can use them. Just sorry those two sails are broken. Kind regards. Ron

Hi Michael. Not sure if my reply went through. But I just wanted to say I have a spare sheet of sails for the Airfix HMS Victory. I built mine in 'harbour-rig' a few years ago,(without sails). Sadly I have found the Main topsail and the Fore topsail have been crushed. All the other are intact. - I also have a set of signal-flags and two sets of ensign flags for this kit. - You can have them, with pleasure. Kind regards. Ron

Many thanks Ratch. I hadn't posted any personal details, nor had I asked for any, as I did not know how this was going to work. - I assumed the moderator could send an Airfix e-mail to Michael and say he has a result. Provide him with my e-mail address (as registered with Airfix) and, leave it with him to contact me privately. - It seems a viable possibility for these forums. We only want to see a result and, one satisfied customer. . .

Would suggest registering with a model forum where they do allow private messages (Oops I almost posted "Massages")

(seems a bit draconian that airfix doesn't allow this but their forum their rules) at least then you can get a result there are a few, including the Airfix Tribute forum wink