1/72 B-24 Liberator MkVI (Coastal Command)

Dougie-1212782

As Airfix have been going through the WW2 bombers over the last few years creating some really nice new tools, I'd love to see them take on the B-24 next, there is no currently in production 1/72 kit that I'm aware of and I know a decent number of people would love a new option beyond the older kits that are wildly inflated in price and fairly old toolings.

the coastal command scheme option would be great to see (personnaly I think the Libby's look best in those colours, and would go well with the new wellington kit released a few years ago in a CC scheme. (547 squadron would be fantastic ;) )

Yes, I would go for this.

Eduard did release a Coastal Command Liberator a year or so ago, based on the Hasegawa kit, but this was a deluxe boxing, and cost over £100 for a 1/72 4 engine bomber!

I think this would fit in perfectly with Airfix's current release policy, a kit that could be released initially as an USAAF bomber, then later as an RAF machine, just like the B-17 was. At around the same price point as the B-17 or Lancaster would be great!

Eduard did release a Coastal Command Liberator a year or so ago, based on the Hasegawa kit, but this was a deluxe boxing, and cost over £100 for a 1/72 4 engine bomber!

Eduard had two releases a GR V and GR VI. Yes they were expensive, but the release RRP was not £100, in fact I got both for under £70 on Facebook sales groups. I get that that's still a lot for a lot of people, but the Hasegawa base kits are not cheap, plus you get masks, PE, extensive decal options and B-24 reference monographs to go with them. They're more costly now because there's fewer of them about. I'd still be up for an Airfix B-24, there's lots of options they could look at.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

We need a new 1/72 B-24H Liberator with Ford nose. There are no Ford nose Lib kits in existence, and more than 50% of all nose-turreted Liberators had the Ford nose - it is distinctly different from the Consolidated nose.

The old Airfix B-24J kit is a toy. It is not for a serious modeller. It is dated, crude, filled up with rivets and horribly inaccurate. It should experience a blissful retirement and be replaced with a new tooling B-24H.