Jouef 8857 pantographe

David-1206802

@David

Moderator Note:

Could you please select the 'View my Community’ in your Dashboard on the Forum and choose a nickname in the ‘My profile' tab, rather than your First name that has been automatically allocated by the system. Hopefully a Forum change is coming soon to prevent this automatic allocation but a manual change is required at the moment and there is definitely more than one member with your name.

Hi David, I think you would be very lucky to get the original Jouef single arm pantographs even from France - part no. 18.8856.38.

You might consider the purchase of a scrap loco with the same pantos from ebay or if you wish to spend mega bucks buying two from Sommerfeldt who have this design.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with Bill above. For some reason there are plenty of the diamond Jouef pantographs available but very few of the single arm version. The only way I have been able to fix some of the second hand locos I have bought is buying scrap/non-runners and swapping the single arm pantographs over. In many cases the metal bases are still there and I managed to fix four pantographs with one scrap quadri-current loco which I got for £5 as the top parts are the same. Luckily the bogies are the same as used on most early CC locos so they and the motor went in the spares box. Someone bought the rest of the loco on eBay which to be honest nearly went in the bin.

If you check on eBay there are some cheap single arm pantographs available from China, they don’t match the Jouef ones so you’d have to change them all over on the same loco, they do seem very well made though (I bought some).

A lot of the Jouef locos used these pantographs so why they are so difficult to find as spares is a bit of a mystery, especially since the twin arm ones are so common.