Vickers Light Tank

Sailorman

Just finished the Airifix Vickers Light Tank in 1:76 scale. I build these tanks as a bit of light relief since they go together relatively quickly. I'm always amazed at the detail such tanks have .....I wish ships were treated the same! I saw some pics of tanks in Malta rubble wall camouflage and decided to try to emulate it.

forum_image_6159f697c1419.thumb.png.352cc3e975d3fb879f6bcfff3fc55a91.png

forum_image_6159f69e3f95e.thumb.png.e3f1a7cd1d15cf94623e86d1b700da28.png

Kenneth, I build tanks as a cure for what we jokingly refer to as AMS. My ship scratchbuilds take months and I tend to lose focus so when that happens I build something out of the box just to get to see something finished. I don't worry to much about research. It's just something to help me relax.

• 3 weeks later...

Really great model of a much sort after model. Both Airfix and Ace versions are out of production and are going for silly money on e-bay.

Pity Airfix descided to do the usual two (sherman and tiger) that every manufacturers from PSC to Revell have churned out (even can buy beaute versions of the Sherman!).

Time to produce a few 1/72 ideally ones that are not readily available matilda (Australian accurately done this time) and vickers mkVI from other manufacturers. Both could be made in several types .

Would like to see the Vickers Aa version