Sparkplug in a vintage set

Richard001

“New sparkplug in a vintage set” Many of you will be familiar with the now vintage SCX Chrono rally pack. Then there is the new Scalextric Sparkplug to control your car via an app on a smart device. With some modifications, I have adapted the sparkplug to work with the rally pack. I cut away a bit of the end of the sparkplug to expose the contacts. Then I soldered on a 3.5mm mono plug to make it more universal and to adapt it to work with the vintage SCX yellow plug as seen in the photos posted. I used an old flash drive cover to neatly cap off the wires, and there you have it. Eureka! It works great. The rally pack as many of you would know does not power up the track until the startup countdown is completed on the starting box base. The solution is to do an initial 1 lap with a car in place to power up the sparkplug and establish Bluetooth connectivity to your smart device. After that, it works superbly and reconnects to your smart device the instant the countdown is done. You will get the “put the car back on track” message at the end of each session of laps but that is no problem as it reconnects as soon as the sparkplug is powered up again at the end of the next countdown. Using your phone as a controller takes some getting used to but that is another discussion. See photos.

forum_image_6175cec8830c2.thumb.png.47f62d744e0ce3a36a007372d5337c43.pngforum_image_6175ced5a72ce.thumb.png.00e2126df75cf6bd74a9100e1818bca8.pngforum_image_6175cee04d08b.thumb.png.cf834c363b916964ad28ec1542bf689a.png