Well done Airfix

Thought I would take the time to say a massive thankyou to the Airfix/Hornby team for their swift response to my request.

Long story short, after a mishap involving some parts for the new tooled Vulcan and some leaking paint stripper I was in need of some replacement parts.

I put the request in.... the team responded, gathered the required information, payment was made and now the replacement parts are sat at my Workstation!

All within just 4 days even with Xmas fast approaching!

I feel this is definitely worth a mention and congratulations to all at the Airfix team for their brilliant customer service 👏 👏

P.S may I please take this opportunity to wish all at Airfix/Hornby a very Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year 🎉

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Martin

Yes that is good news for something that can be a sticking point. Being able to supply lost, damaged or missing parts and sprues depends completely on whether or not spare sprues are in inventory. so a bit of luck is involved.

I agree with John that we need to give credit where credit is due.

Another area where credit is due to Airfix is the steady pace at which they are updating their 1/72 catalog with new tools. For those of us interested in RAF / Commonwealth Air Force' aircraft, Airfix is the only manufacturer doing a good job for us. These kits are generally very accurate, well tooled and engineered and far less expensive than kits from other manufacturers.

For example, I want to model a 1/72nd scale aircraft from all of the twenty-one RCAF Article XV squadrons formed up in the UK by the end of 1941. With the new tool Hurricane, Spitfire, Defiant, Tomahawk, Blenheim, Wellington and Beaufort from the last few years I am able to model 16 of 21 of these aircraft. Although many of these are popular subjects and will sell like hot cakes, this years Beaufort and Wellington II really surprised me.

On top of that Airfix is also releasing many of these aircraft in 1/48th scale as well, not to mention the fantastic 1/24th scale Typhoon and Hellcat kits of late.

I recognize that folks with other interests such as 1/600th scale ships may not be as happy with the situation as myself, but for my part ....

I say "Well Done Airfix"

Tim